Mescalero

WHo's riding LA-Barstow-Vegas?

How about this. Its cold, Lynyrd Skynryd playing inside your helmet while riding the mountains around Big Bear. Your heated Jacket Liner on High as you go down the dirt road with your buddies. And if all goes well, a cold beer at the end of the trail. See ya there!

Guest stevensyanora

"They call me the breeze."............. :angry:

Ready....... Knowing damn well snow or at least near freezing temps in the AM hours is a good possibility.

***** I still have an extra bed available in Barstow at the Quality Inn and at the Orleans at the finish in Vegas. My buddy bailed out and I'd like to recoup half the costs if anyone needs a room both nights to clean up and crash out.*****

Extra bed is taken now. Its possible we might have one more rider in our group to Barstow. His buddies are only riding day two.

My bike is supposed to be back together any day now..............

yep I have a exstra bed in my room also ..oh well <_< see ya....

I'm saving all the $ I can to replace my $tabilizer and a fresh set of meats. :unsure:

See ya

I will be riding two up on the Adventure GS route. We will be going up thursday afternoon and spending the night in San Bernardino and having T-Giving dinner there. From there on to Barstow and on two Vegas. Then riding the dirt backway home to SD through Nitpon, Amboy, Dessert Center, Borrego to SD! All are welcome. Just let me know. I have done this many times and there is always street to bail on if you get fatiged/Kev

I will be riding two up on the Adventure GS route. We will be going up thursday afternoon and spending the night in San Bernardino and having T-Giving dinner there. From there on to Barstow and on two Vegas. Then riding the dirt backway home to SD through Nitpon, Amboy, Dessert Center, Borrego to SD! All are welcome. Just let me know. I have done this many times and there is always street to bail on if you get fatiged/Kev

I will be doing the ride on my V-strom 1k, and I am lending my XR650L to my friend who will ride the GS Adventure route with me as well.

And just like you we will be taking the Amboy desert road back to SD.

Hope to see you all there!!!

On Sunday, you ride back to San Diego with 50% dirt. There is dirt from Primm to Nipton. From there dirt all the way to Desert Center of of I-10 via parts of the Mojave road. Then a nice windy road throgh Mecca and up to Borrego and home. I have done this about 3 times. Much better than sitting on I-15 parking lot. Kev

Kevin,

Do you have a gps route for the trip back home? Could you post it? How many hours does the route take?

I am looking at back-up plans.

Thanks

On Sunday, you ride back to San Diego with 50% dirt. There is dirt from Primm to Nipton. From there dirt all the way to Desert Center of of I-10 via parts of the Mojave road. Then a nice windy road throgh Mecca and up to Borrego and home. I have done this about 3 times. Much better than sitting on I-15 parking lot. Kev

By the way the windy road down to Mecca, called Box Canyon, has been recently repaved. It is like a race track right now :D And since it runs the length of Painted Canyon it is beautiful.

I dont have a GPS of the road back from Vegas. I only have it in my head. A couple of years ago the Mecca road was washed out, and that was fun! It is a beautiful ride throught that canyon. The back way from Vegas does take about 8 hours!

Guest stevensyanora

I dont have a GPS of the road back from Vegas. I only have it in my head. A couple of years ago the Mecca road was washed out, and that was fun! It is a beautiful ride throught that canyon. The back way from Vegas does take about 8 hours!

hey kev, where can we meet friday a,m so we can all kinda stay together, and figure out whos rideing with who,which route ect... I can pm my cell # if you like ....I will drive up that morning....thx Steve

Last minute addition.

I'm in with an HP2, and Sean DeAngelis (Parts Manager @ SDBMWMC) is coming with me on his R12GS.

We're doing the hard route and riding up Friday morning, leaving Escondido about 6am.

I have heard they have cancelled the Super Easy GS Big Bike Route!!! Could be a problem for two up on my GS!!!!!!!

Guest stevensyanora

I have heard they have cancelled the Super Easy GS Big Bike Route!!! Could be a problem for two up on my GS!!!!!!!

we can call to verify this ugly bit of scuttelbutt...however fear not I just recived my new gps system from e bay so we will be ok :P:PPosted Image

the bad news is they didnt sent the manual :o

we can call to verify this ugly bit of scuttelbutt...however fear not I just recived my new gps system from e bay so we will be ok :D:DPosted Image

the bad news is they didnt sent the manual :unsure:

Your gonna need a bigger bike!

Guest stevensyanora

well Im selling my race bike and Im seriously considering a bmw I am going to be checking them out on this B2V fiasco to see how they do ,,I just have to get used to those pistons sticking out the :unsure: sides? Posted Image this might be stevensyanoras new ride,all the other duallys arnt set up for hard core pavement pounding (long trips) which I really enjoy,and Ill keep my dr for carguys recon missions,and mexico.....wow I ve almost talked my self into it ,now for a test ride :D

Guest stevensyanora

or maybe this one what do you think? Posted Image

Go for beemer, KTM looks too boxy to me...russians are never wrong...

I agree with Alex, about get the BMW! Russians are never wrong-I will agree with that THIS TIME.

Guest stevensyanora

I have to ride one (BMW) then ILL decide :)

Wrong. Don't ride ONE, Ride TWO. The second one being the KTM 950. Before you spend 20k, make sure you talk to our president Randy Lazar. He rode my 950 and then purchased one within a week.

It has pluses & minuses:

It costs a lot less & is better in the dirt. However, it has higher maintenance & a chain to mess with.

Also, don't think for a moment it's not good for hard core pavement pounding. It's a superb road bike! It's also pretty sporty (even at the track), ask Sean from SD BMW when you see him on the LA B to V.

Read my article about the 950 here:

http://www.multisurfacemotorcycling.com/

Brett

Guest stevensyanora

Wrong. Don't ride ONE, Ride TWO. The second one being the KTM 950. Before you spend 20k, make sure you talk to our president Randy Lazar. He rode my 950 and then purchased one within a week.

It has pluses & minuses:

It costs a lot less & is better in the dirt. However, it has higher maintenance & a chain to mess with.

Also, don't think for a moment it's not good for hard core pavement pounding. It's a superb road bike! It's also pretty sporty (even at the track), ask Sean from SD BMW when you see him on the LA B to V.

Read my article about the 950 here:

http://www.multisurfacemotorcycling.com/

Brett

I was secounds away from buying one about 3 months ago, the fact that they still use a carberator and their reliability reputation gave my cold feet................. the big ride is in 3 days dont you guys think we should talk about a few things ..........like where are we meeting and @ what time?....... are we going to ride together as a group as was previously talked about or is it going to be a everyman forhisself gig ? I will be at chaperall (I cant spell it oh well) at 6 am for the inspection ...let me know

Vistacarider(Brandon) and I (Aaron) will be ready at 6am or before.

Brandon plans to ride the hard way the whole way. He loves those rocks and boulders. I am still on the fence about what routes I want to tackle although I'll feel way more confident after picking up a SCOTTS damper today.

What routes are the rest of you planning on?

I'm on a 650R and I got #150

Anyone using radios? I have a few Kenwood 2ways and some Motorola GMRS? little guys too.

Hasta

Guest stevensyanora

IM rideing the easy way to start ,along with kevin Im #70 This is my first b2v so Im kinda cautious..hope to hook up with you guys..Im on dr650

IM rideing the easy way to start ,along with kevin Im #70 This is my first b2v so Im kinda cautious..hope to hook up with you guys..Im on dr650

It looks like we will be riding the easy section on day 1 throught Big Bear. After Gas on 247, is gets a little Sandy. On day two, it looks like the GS route as there is some deep sand and rocks. Lets get a count on who is in and wants to ride together. I will be riding my BMW 2-up and taking it easy. There is always juctions on the roll chart in case it is too easy or too diffiuclt!