Sign in to follow this  
Jaynen

Seat Covers

Just thinking of CrawDaddy's experience with having that little ATV seat cover jobby from Wallyworld on his trip back.

Anyone else have any ideas or experiences with these or where to get them? Might be a nice thing to have while commuting or taking a longer trip on my bike can always take it off and put it in the dirtbagz or whatever for super technical riding.

Just thinking of CrawDaddy's experience with having that little ATV seat cover jobby from Wallyworld on his trip back.

Anyone else have any ideas or experiences with these or where to get them? Might be a nice thing to have while commuting or taking a longer trip on my bike can always take it off and put it in the dirtbagz or whatever for super technical riding.

I've got the same one (I'm pretty sure) as Crawdaddy. I picked mine up at WalMart also (one of the local ones, I'm not quite sure which one). It's not really any softer than the stock seat, but what it does well is make the seat "wider" by 1/2 inch or more on each side. The other thing it does somewhat, is allow airflow so you don't get "monkey butt" as quickly. There are some better products out there such as the Airhawk but are quite a bit more expensive. I bought mine to put on my XR650L when I had it. Unfortunately, with the way it attaches, I just couldn't get it to sit right on the XR. It fits the 950 seat like a glove!!! Your WR seat might be too narrow for the WalMart cushion...

I couldn't find them on Walmart.com but Cabela's has'em for 3x THE PRICE (wtf??)

J. C. Whitney also has lot's of ATV gear that can be adapted to Adventure bikes......I saw another guy with the ATV tank bags.....handy

Renazco does seats for my bike and corbin is working on one just didnt know if this would be an easier route

Renazco does seats for my bike and corbin is working on one just didnt know if this would be an easier route

Not easier.....but cheaper.......$16 vs. $350 (and if you go with the Renzaco you'll probably have to send them your stock seat pan).......Renzaco seems to be the popular choice over at ADV rider....people rave about'em.....it's just a lot of $$.....

for a dual sport that spends a lot of time in the dirt, the renazco is a better option. it is lighter and truly custom... he'll get a bunch of specifics from you, and make it the right heighth, width, etc

corbins are good street seats

Heard about a guy in Idaho fisher or something supposedly makes Renazco quality seats but half the price?

Not easier.....but cheaper.......$16 vs. $350 (and if you go with the Renzaco you'll probably have to send them your stock seat pan).......Renzaco seems to be the popular choice over at ADV rider....people rave about'em.....it's just a lot of $$.....

I have also heard that they keep your seat for about 6 weeks. :rolleyes: Ken

I have also heard that they keep your seat for about 6 weeks. :rolleyes: Ken

Renazco posts over on TT sometimes, Their waiting list is a couple months long but you don't send in your seat until its time and he claims at least a 2 week turn around

I got one of the cabela's on my klr and for the price i LOVE it :( , I found one at the wallsmart thats next to north county yamaha. ( don't know if that wallsmart is escondido or vista or something anyway try there you might get lucky toooo <_< ) They are a very hot item on the klr forums people have them shipped from all over the US because there so hard to find !!!

my 2c , jay

http://www.ceetracing.com/index.htm

Ceet is local and will recover your stock seat per your specs.

The guy I bought my Husky from had them redo his stock seat - unfortunately it was too tall and too firm for my tastes. I bought another stock Husky seat with the intention of sending the Ceet recovered one off to Renazco to have it recovered since Renazco came so highly regarded.

Turns out that the stock Husky seat worked fine for me. The Ceet seat would give me monkey butt in about five minutes, whereas I can ride the stock Husky seat for hours. I ended up just putting the Ceet seat in a box in storage.