Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

McCain in the rain, again

When I looked outside this morning and saw that it was all overcast, I decided to go for a dirt ride. I haven't been wanting to do any lately, because of the heat and the dust, and if I get up early I only get to beat the heat, but not the dust. :ph34r:

Anyway, it looked like Boulevard was in for some rainy weather according to Yahoo weather, so that seemed like the logical place to go. I posted really late in the morning and there were no takers, so off I went, the TE in tow.

At first going down the freeway there were just some widely scattered raindrops, but by the time I got out near the Buckman Springs off ramp, the sky was starting to cut loose in earnest. From there on out it just rained more and more. Finally, when I got to the Boulevard exit, it was pouring down almost like a winter storm.

So it was a great day to ride out there. Nice weather in the 70s and zero dust, plenty of traction. I rode for a couple of hours at least and throughout the ride the rain began to taper off, till by the time I got back to my vehicle, the sun was starting to break through. Perfect timing. :D

I visited with a couple of old riding buddies that I hadn't seen for a long time that I had parked near, and then it was homeward bound, so that I could wash off the mud on my bike when I got back.

Not much of a write up and no pictures, but a great ride anyway. :( It isn't often that we get chances like this in the summer to ride nice wet dirt with a cool breeze to go with in August. :lol:

100_0228.jpg

sounds like Erick was there, too...

NEXT Sunday, I'm in

I'll see if we can order up any more perfect weather :ph34r:

Did you have your bike off the back of a Jeep? I was leaving as you arrived. We were in a burgundy F150. It was raining the most as we were trying to change out of our ride gear :ph34r: . Great day out there though. I'd be up for riding McCain next weekend too. I'd be willing to be it won't be like today though...

Did you have your bike off the back of a Jeep? I was leaving as you arrived. We were in a burgundy F150. It was raining the most as we were trying to change out of our ride gear :ph34r: . Great day out there though. I'd be up for riding McCain next weekend too. I'd be willing to be it won't be like today though...

Yeah, I got out there at around 11:45 am or so. Parked next to an old friend of mine, Colby who had the KTM 450 with the trials tires. Chatted with him a bit and then snooped around on all the little singletracks in the area, rode another loop near the end of the road and made my way back across the main riding area before packing up. Anybody who knows me very well, knows I love rain and will ride in anything short of a flood. It was so nice today, I hardly got hot at all and also didn't get all tired out like I usually do when it's baking out. I doubt we'll get such great conditions again this summer but we can always pray.... :lol: