Sign in to follow this  
TBAR33

Trail to Laughlin?

Does anyone know of trails or dirt roads that starts in the Hisperia area that goes to Laughlin? I am trying to put together a ride that will end up in Vegas via Lake Havasu and or Laughlin.

Yes, it is called the Mojave Trail. It starts on the outskirts of Barstow, and ends up by the Avi Casinio in Laughlin. It is about 105 miles long with lots of interesting history. This trail is the old Wagon Trail! You go throught Afton Canyon, Soda Dry Lake, on to the remains of Fort Mojave!/Kev

There is not a trail from Vegas to Laughlin. But there is a way to get there on dirt using a mixture of trails. Kevin

thanks for the info. I am leaving 8-11-06 from Alpine and should be in vegas on the 13th. I have maps, gps, new rubber and gas. All is good:)

Guest stevensyanora

do you mean 10-11-06?.and are you going it alone, or are you looking for riders to share the adventure........

Ya, what's tha dealeo ? Are you setting something up here or what?? :D

Yeah 10-11 is correct.

I am doing this ride with some friends. Next time I will set up a ride for everyone once I know what I am doing.

Thanks

This is cool. Looks like you are a pro with the GPS!! I just picked up a Garmin 60C. Now I am trying to figure it out. So far so good! I would like to have more detail on the GPS though. Trails, dirt roads, etc. What would you recommend for software?

I am planning on riding on the Mojave trail from Afton canyon to Laughlin. I am still looking for a good way to get to Barstow. As it stands now I am planning on going through Julian. From there I will go to Borrego Springs fule up and head out through the desert. Next destination is Indio for fuel. Then I'm of to Joshua Tree where I hope to find my to Barstow.

Tomorrow I am taking the Super R to All American KTM for it's first service. I am going to have them remove the smog junk while they are at it. For the ride I will be running Bridgestone ED660 rear and ED661 front. I'll let you know how they perform. Hopefully alot better than the OEM tires, they suck!!

OK your info is awesome!!!!!

I just figured out how to use it!! I loaded the GPX file onto my GPS. Cool!! Of course I figured this out after manually input all of your locations. I will go on this route when I leave for Vegas. Awesome, thanks!!! Oh yeah the Google map is awesome too. How the heck did you do it???

OK your info is awesome!!!!!

I just figured out how to use it!! I loaded the GPX file onto my GPS. Cool!! Of course I figured this out after manually input all of your locations. I will go on this route when I leave for Vegas. Awesome, thanks!!! Oh yeah the Google map is awesome too. How the heck did you do it???

I use a number of sources to find stuff like this. Google Earth, TerraServer (topos and aerials), travel blogs, you name it. On the GPS I have Garmin Mapsource Topo loaded on, although that is really a navigation tool of last resort as far as I am concerned - helpful, but don't stake your life on it.

Glad you got it loaded okay. GPS is a great tool. It's fun to record all your rides too and show people where you were using Google Earth.

I made it! 540 miles. Crashed once in the whups. Overall it was a great ride. I did come to conclusion though... My 950 is too heavy for the type of riding I do. In any event I am planning on selling the bike and buying a 525EXC. I have a gpx file for the trip but I am not sure how to attach it here. Can anyone help?