Sign in to follow this  
Tree

Thanksgiving in Baja

yhea campechanas, and fish tacos, are you going to take your radio at work so we can try tomorow, i'm ready, also are we need to do reservation at old mill, you wantme call?

Tree,

Was wondering if you got the route all worked out.Jon justed called and said he still might be able to make it but it depends on the route.Alright let me as soon as you can?

Matt

812v (D-38)

756 (BITD)

Route is pretty much set see the previous post. John is thinking he needs to get home on Sunday so he could go up Mex1 from san quintin to uruapan back through tres hermanos, ojos, compadre trail back to tecate. He would miss the final night at Mikes but it's doable and makes for a long ride back. Give me a call and let me know. Plus, with the time change I'm thinking about an earlier start. meeting at the border at 6am. Looking forward to some seafood and drinks in San Quintin (companchana, lobster, fish tacos) should be a great time.

Based on the latest violence in Valley T, I am actually going to postpone my visit to Baja for awhile. You guys have fun. Be careful, be safe!

Another Cancellation

Earlier in this thread, I said I'd try to make it, but I'm doing a 2 day ride to watch the 1000 on the 21st.

Two overnight trips in one week is too much so I'm out.

Based on the latest violence in Valley T, I am actually going to postpone my visit to Baja for awhile. You guys have fun. Be careful, be safe!

I think all of you should think about a postpone.

When I first heard about the shooting I was a little worried but I think with this incident, the baja 1000, and the fact it's an american holiday weekend security will be tight for the next few weeks. Also, most of the route roads are pretty well traveled. I don't think it will be an issue.

When I first heard about the shooting I was a little worried but I think with this incident, the baja 1000, and the fact it's an american holiday weekend security will be tight for the next few weeks. Also, most of the route roads are pretty well traveled. I don't think it will be an issue.

Make sure you wear you bullet proof riding gear! Here is a new article exerpt for you. Have a great trip.

For five days in a row, he was called in to cover another mass execution. One day, it was a dozen dead outside an elementary school. The next day's victims were found in vats of acid. On Saturday, police discovered a Ford Explorer loaded with five corpses in the back.

So far this year, more than 400 people have been killed in Tijuana in drug-related violence. There are so many unclaimed bodies at the morgue that officials there are looking to transfer some of the cadavers to another facility.

Make sure you wear you bullet proof riding gear! Here is a new article exerpt for you. Have a great trip.

For five days in a row, he was called in to cover another mass execution. One day, it was a dozen dead outside an elementary school. The next day's victims were found in vats of acid. On Saturday, police discovered a Ford Explorer loaded with five corpses in the back.

So far this year, more than 400 people have been killed in Tijuana in drug-related violence. There are so many unclaimed bodies at the morgue that officials there are looking to transfer some of the cadavers to another facility.

I won't be anywhere near TJ. I wouldn't travel in that area anytime soon. I wonder how the 400 drug related deaths compare to New york or Miami?

[

I won't be anywhere near TJ. I wouldn't travel in that area anytime soon. I wonder how the 400 drug related deaths compare to New york or Miami?

Here is your answer!

Thirty-one people were murdered in New York City in February 2008, bringing the total number of murders in the city this year to 67.

(As always, these are unofficial statistics. These are the murders I calculated by reading the city's newspaper every day. It's possible some murders are added or dropped from the official police stats. According to official NYPD stats, the number of murders in the city between January 1 and February 24th totals 61. That compares unfavorably with last year when there were only 52 murders in the same period, meaning -- according to the NYPD -- the murder rate this year is up 17.3% through February 24th.)

You also have to look at the difference in population size. TJ is not as big as New York.

TREE- I personally don't feel that comfortable down there right now, and I AM one of those people that has been going down there for 30 years...

by the same token; people have been telling me not to go down there for 30 years...

Have a great ride, post lots of pictures, and let's all hope that country gets a handle on things. There are lots of the kindest, most helpful people down there... In fact... if my bike broke down... I would MUCH rather be in Mexico than NYC.

but there are some pretty bad people down there too, and in some cases MAY be the people that are supposed to make it safe.

Have a great ride you guys

thank you bikeslut, everything is going to be ok , :tease: I will send lot pic,,,,

Guest Hammerin Hammon

thank you bikeslut, everything is going to be ok , :tease: I will send lot pic,,,,

I never realy feel that safe in Mexico. I think, thats why I like it so much. :lol: I hope, you guys have an AWESOME RIDE! :wacko: Ediie would go! I will still surf Baja, So will Scott Seargent! NO FEAR!

Craig.

I just made room reservations for me and Javi at the old mill and mikes. if anyone else is thinking of going you'll have to call them up. should be a great time . We'll take plenty of pictures. :rolleyes:

happy thanksgiving to everybody, and be safe.... <_< hey tree are you ready for this friday :beach: :good: are you going to take a turkeyleg, :ok:

hello everyone,we back from la baja, one piece we will post a lot pic soon,,,,,