wallycycle

Crossover Road (V. Trinidad-Llano Colorado) Current Info Please

Leaving middle of April for 2 weeks +/- solo slabing in Baja. Been several times slab/dirt on my WRR but this trip will be on a heavier bike (Tuareg). The only off tarmac section I'd like to take to avoid the chaos of Ensenada is the road from V. Trinidad to Colonet. Hopefully the mud puddles will be dried up but I"m not keen on sand on the big bike, especially solo. Read some reports through web search that the section near Celito Lindo hotel has some sand. If that's the case, I'll just suck it up and go around. Will be overnighting  at Hotel Paraiso as I want to finally ride the Observatory road before continuing South. 

Thank you. 

If you’re talking this … https://maps.app.goo.gl/AvsZBZfKBX9X1nNm9?g_st=ic

, I rode it both directions a couple weeks ago. It’s in very good condition and the ruts are minimal instead of the normally deep. I don’t recall any sand worth mentioning on it. 
I was on my 1250 GS. 
The view from the summit is fantastic and everything is green! A couple shots from our group  

IMG_0764.thumb.jpeg.8a142b959e472fbd124c75ecb370c608.jpegIMG_0773.thumb.jpeg.88d459eb3059617b1d5816ad7da18015.jpeg

that's excellent news! thank you so much for the information. 

walt

• Like 1