KTMrad

Motorcycme Cannonball Challenge Finishes This Weekend in Oceanside

I will be there to check out the cool pre-1933 motorcycles and meet the riders.

We would like to inform you that the 2023 edition of the Motorcycle Cannonball will be starting on Thursday, September 7, 2023. The Motorcycle Cannonball is a cross-country challenge for riders with motorcycles that were manufactured in 1933 or earlier, and is the most difficult antique endurance run in the world.

This year’s event will see close to 100 riders traversing the back roads of the United States. We will depart from Virginia Beach, Virginia, and arrive in Oceanside, California, for this 17-day endurance run covering 3,800 miles. This endeavor is extremely challenging, as riders and machines could endure fatigue, mental exhaustion, cold, heat, elevations, and all the ferocious elements of Mother Nature, not to mention the demands of keeping their vintage machines in running order. Riders will navigate the Motorcycle Cannonball course with the assistance of paper maps (no GPS routing allowed).

Stage 16: Sunday, September 24
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – MotoDoffo, 36083 Summitville St, Temecula, CA
Followed by (same day): GRAND FINALE!
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Oceanside Pier, Oceanside, CA

Additional information about the Motorcycle Cannonball can be found as follows:
Facebook: @motorcyclecannonball
Instagram: @mc_cannonball
YouTube: @motorcyclecannonball
Web: motorcyclecannonball.com

FB_IMG_1695405467956.jpg

Edited by KTMrad

Enduro Legend Jeff Fredette was in on a H-D but I just saw that he DNF after bike complete failure. Of course he had some repairs already completed to get as far as he did. Cool event I was following this on the sidelines this year, mostly because AMA HOFr off roader Jeff was in the mix.