sandiegoland

Get Trashed on Otay Mountain - 10/28/06

Tentative Date for a formal clean-up morning on Otay Mountain is Saturday, October 28th, 2006. This will be a BLM sanctioned clean-up. Please set the date aside now if you can!

Access will range from easy (along Otay Truck Trail), to moderate (ridge spur roads), to difficult (hoofing it by foot). Pick your poison! :ph34r:

Not necessary, but it would help if you can tie down and haul some trash a few yards at a time on your bike to the pick-up points (it's easiest if you bring along an oversized nylon sack to "cradle" the garbage bags -- unsupported garbage bags shred too easily). :o

Rumor has it that afterward we are going to do lunch, then ride 500 miles of dirt!! :lol:

More as I know...

...in the meantime ping me if you want to go up beforehand. I am continuing to survey the area between now and then...

=====

Just remember that keeping our backcountry clean is not only rewarding, but you might even find some cool KLR luggage like I did this day... :P

Posted Image

Sounds good Craig, I'm going to try to go.....hopefully we can get a small contingent of SDAR riders there to help. Would be cool if we could have T-shirts made by then ??!!Also, I'm going to copy / paste this to the Enviro / Local Issues Forum, since this isn't really an organized RIDE.Thanks,

Sounds good Craig, I'm going to try to go.....hopefully we can get a small contingent of SDAR riders there to help. Would be cool if we could have T-shirts made by then ??!!Also, I'm going to copy / paste this to the Enviro / Local Issues Forum, since this isn't really an organized RIDE.Thanks,

Sounds good Randy. Just out on surveys, about 7 bags of trash have already been collected along Minnewawa Truck Trail, Otay Truck Trail between Tank 3-2 and 3-5, the International Border Fuel Break, and BLM spur road BMO0018. =====I'll use the other thread to post more info...When I post this on ADVrider and Thumpertalk I'll refer people there. We'll also definitely let the BLM coordinator know SDAR is a participant, and we can even get actual head count of our group that is represented that day.