Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

AMA Hall of Famer Spotlight

AMA Hall of Fame

Hall of Famer Spotlight: Pierre Karsmakers 

With AMA Supercross’ latest champions crowned and the 2022 season concluded, the May Hall of Famer Spotlight looks back at the sport’s inaugural champion: Pierre Karsmakers.  

Born in Waalre, Holland, in 1946, AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Pierre Karsmakers started his racing career at age 18. He excelled early on racing motocross within his home country, winning national titles in Holland in 1967, 1969 and 1971.  

In 1974, Karsmakers won the inaugural 250cc AMA Supercross Championship by winning at Daytona, taking second in Houston and finishing fourth in Los Angeles. 

A year later, Karsmakers took the top spot in the 1975 Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme 500cc MX World Championship.

licensed-image.jpeg

67139_carlegends-a2sx14-cudby-095.jpg

That is a fond memory from all the way back to when I was a 7th grader at Wilson Jr. High jumping my Stingray over trash cans! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

That is a fond memory from all the way back to when I was a 7th grader at Wilson Jr. High jumping my Stingray over trash cans! 

I had a stingray too (found it in the trash and rebuilt it) and we used to jump trash cans too, and build fires too and jump them....the good Ole days.

• Like 1