Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

ever had a "duh" moment?

During the pinnacles ride, I was getting a noticable bog and attributed it to elevation... For the rest of the day, I just sucked it up, since I didn't re-jet, what did I expect.

I was tearing down the bike last night for maintenance and new rubber, and what did I find?

(sorry no pics)

My CDI box had popped off the tabs, and slid in to the 3x3 airbox hole, obstructing it some 75%... also the wires to the tailights had slid a bit, and they were IN the airbox... Just a couple minutes of looking would've made the bike run a lot better for the ride.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it... also, DOUG... I was not able to find the exhaust leak you mentioned... I'll add a picture

leak.bmp

airbox is clear, and I have new knobbies...I'm going riding Monday, after Hell Week (Memorial Day Weekend at SeaWorld)

Nice pic, did you draw that your self :o ? I think you still get the award for the only one keeping his bike off the ground all day(that I know of). Even if it wasn't running 100%, you must of been having a good day. :o Ken

it's easier not to fall, when you are in the back :o

I think you may be right... contrary to popular belief, I really don't fall much...

My FIRST ride with this group ended in a helicopter ride...

some reps live forever...

No- that drawing was done by a local CAD designer, on his state of the art program... we are sending it to China for a new bike design... that'll be kewl

During the pinnacles ride, I was getting a noticable bog and attributed it to elevation... For the rest of the day, I just sucked it up, since I didn't re-jet, what did I expect.

I was tearing down the bike last night for maintenance and new rubber, and what did I find?

(sorry no pics)

My CDI box had popped off the tabs, and slid in to the 3x3 airbox hole, obstructing it some 75%... also the wires to the tailights had slid a bit, and they were IN the airbox... Just a couple minutes of looking would've made the bike run a lot better for the ride.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it... also, DOUG... I was not able to find the exhaust leak you mentioned... I'll add a picture

leak.bmp

airbox is clear, and I have new knobbies...I'm going riding Monday, after Hell Week (Memorial Day Weekend at SeaWorld)

Yeah.. that's about where I saw it... (Nice picture). Actually, when it got wet (coming out of Devil's Hole) I could see an air leak (it was blowing the water) that seemed to come from the junction you've pictured. I couldn't see exactly where since the right side plastics covered the junction, but could see spurts of mist (air blowing the water.

Maybe run the bike and run some water from your garden hose over the affected area and see if you find any spray...

ever had a "duh" moment?

Some of us more than others I'd imagine.

Ain't that right Bob?

:o

As usual I can't open that little thingie with my computer, so I can't see what you are talking about. :o

As usual I can't open that little thingie with my computer, so I can't see what you are talking about. :o

Just a sophisticated schematic of a motorcycle’s fuel system. I am sure you have seen a few. :o

As usual I can't open that little thingie with my computer, so I can't see what you are talking about. :blink:

Just a sophisticated schematic of a motorcycle’s fuel system. I am sure you have seen a few. B)

I consider myself lucky to have access to all of the latest/greatest programs and the genius to run them...

Mimi- remind me next time we're on a ride, and I'll show you the even MORE sophisticated diagram... I'll draw it in the dirt with a sharp stick...

Doug... I think I found what you are talking about... it's a weep hole... it's there on purpose, so I think I'll leave it...all of the exhaust joints are tight