Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Mexican Insurance

I am going to Baja for a week and need to insure my KTM it will be on the back of a truck going down and I will probably ride it back I need insurance but AAA only offers liability for $62 for 1 week :wacko: I want something that will cover my loss if stolen or conficated and liability in case of an accident, no medical, I have that included with the vehicle and occupants insurance. I need advice from someone in the group that has suggestions or experience in this realm. What can I expect to pay for 1 week?

I am going to Baja for a week and need to insure my KTM it will be on the back of a truck going down and I will probably ride it back I need insurance but AAA only offers liability for $62 for 1 week :wacko: I want something that will cover my loss if stolen or conficated and liability in case of an accident, no medical, I have that included with the vehicle and occupants insurance. I need advice from someone in the group that has suggestions or experience in this realm. What can I expect to pay for 1 week?

All sorts of companies do it online. Here's one: Baja Bound. Do a web search (or google-it as my son would say) on "Mexico insurance" and you'll get all sorts of hits. I've only done it for my truck, but you can buy and print it out online. Or you can stop and any one of the dozens of shops just on this side of the border and buy it in person. It's mandatory to have (your US insurance isn't accepted down there), and there are all sorts options.

A quick quote on the above website shows that my '07 EXC, valued at $8000 would be abut $250 to insure for a 6 month policy or about $90 for 7 days.