Sign in to follow this  
sandiegoland

V-J Day Ride, Saturday, 9/2/06

If anyone has a preference for a Saturday ride, let them speak now or forever old their peace... :D

If 2wheels wants to ride Potrero in the afternoon I will go. Did you have other rides planned? Something new would work. :D

Hey sdland, what kind of GPS unit do you have? I'm thinking about getting one soon.

If 2wheels wants to ride Potrero in the afternoon I will go. Did you have other rides planned? Something new would work. :D

Late Protrero ride works if 2wheels can swing it......otherwise we'll see "who" and "from where" and "what interested in" pops up before now and then...

Hey sdland, what kind of GPS unit do you have? I'm thinking about getting one soon.

I use a Garmin Legend (8 MB, translucent blue case)... but let me qualify why I originally picked it: I use them at work. That's it. It's really more of a hiking or tracking GPS. No navigation whatsoever. I keep using it because, well, quite frankly, it's cheap enough that if I break it I won't ball up in tears on the trail :D I would much more prefer a 60CSx. Something with a more usable screen, more memory (and upgradeable memory at that) with enough space and processing power to roam the whole country...But for now, you can see the cheaper one does the trick as far as documenting good trails:Campo to Tecate

Late Protero ride works if 2wheels can swing it

It looks like 3:15ish at the Potrero Cafe the 2nd of Sept.. I will be there :wacko:

It looks like 3:15ish at the Potrero Cafe the 2nd of Sept..

Count me in. Er, where is the Potrero Cafe?Gotta break in my new boots. They are soooo big I can hardly shift with 'em

klOrOx Posted on Aug 30 2006, 06:12 PM

Count me in. Er, where is the Potrero Cafe?

It is between Tecate and Campo on Hwy 94. :wacko:

Count me in. Er, where is the Potrero Cafe?

I "think" they mean "Twin Lakes" cafe. Apx 3-4 (?) miles past the Tecate turn-off coming up 94 from Dulzura is a left turn at Potrero Valley Rd. Go 2-3 miles and look to the right for the driveway. Or, follow all the bikes that are already going that way :wacko: Brett

Potrero Cafe25125 Highway 94Potrero, CA 91963Phone: (619) 478-92082.7 miles east of the junction with SR-188 Tecate Road10.3 miles west of the junction with CR-S1 Buckman Springs Road(These are MS Streets and Trips miles, don't take them as gold)

sandiegoland Posted on Aug 31 2006, 09:54 AM

Potrero Cafe

25125 Highway 94

Potrero, CA 91963

Phone: (619) 478-9208

2.7 miles east of the junction with SR-188 Tecate Road

10.3 miles west of the junction with CR-S1 Buckman Springs Road

What he said, NOT Twin Lakes.

Potrero Store/Cafe is where we will meet, see ya there. :wacko:

I'm at sea and didn't think I would be able to make this ride but it looks like we are pulling in early so I might be able to do it after all. What's this ride like? If it isn't too challanging I'd like to invite my buddy who rides a 1200 GS. Andy

Are you going 2-wheels? This is a later ride, is it going to finish before dark, or will be dark riding? My husky does not have very good night light (it's going up and needs adjustment)..

woodys3b Posted on Sep 1 2006, 08:52 AM If it isn't too challanging I'd like to invite my buddy who rides a 1200 GS.

This is 2wheels route. Haven't been there yet. If it gets too bad your friend can turn back and wait at the Cafe.

husky4me Posted on Sep 1 2006, 05:23 PM   Are you going 2-wheels? This is a later ride, is it going to finish before dark, or will be dark riding? My husky does not have very good night light (it's going up and needs adjustment).. 

I did not plan a night ride, I hope 2wheels did not? Just a few hours. :wacko:

quote; carguy........Just a few hours.

A three hour tour, A three hour tour,

Isnt that what the skipper , and gilligan said.....

............... i'll pack lite, just in case...............

Posted Image

oh ya, like I'm going to miss this one......I'm In... Kaw'ee

hellz ya, I'm in!I'll plan to see ya'll there around 3:15ish!

I got something going on in the morning, but I'm going to try to make it.. I wonder how long is the ride from my home to that point?? :wacko: I guess I should fill up at the station near Tecate.. is there any other gas station closer to that point? Kawi... can I pull my RV?? If it's going to be that long, might as well be comfortable.. B) What happened to you Kawi? You have put in some years since I last saw you... maybe you need to take it more easy. :D:P

I'm pretty sure Tecate is the closest gas around there . . I think it's the only gas around there, atleast that I've been able to find. That photo is great Kaw! mawhahahaahahahhahahahaI've yet to strap any gear on my bike yet, but atleast I know it can be done in style.

I :ph34r: I guess I should fill up at the station near Tecate.. is there any other gas station closer to that point? 

Martin, theres three klr's going, and they all have a stock 6.1 Gal tank..

gas is not an issue....... lets ride...

Klorox, pump n up

Posted Image

and yes i carry a transfer hose..