Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Dear Garmin......

It was bound to happen (I fall a lot).......sent in a request for a RMA number to Garmin......they always ask for the reason......so I typed, "Snapped Antenna"........then thought to myself, "wait a minute - you won't even get a RMA number if you type that" :blink: .......so I amended my request to , "unit fails to function".....didn't elaborate and state that the unit fails to function because it's in two pieces!!! :lol: Figure I have nothing to lose, maybe they'll offer to sell me a replacement unit for ~$100.....good thing I had a back-up 60C.

But wait, it gets worse (and more embarassing), know how I did it???.....by flipping a.....wait for it......QUAD!!!.......geez, those things don't just fall over, they roll/bounce.......I was lucky to get out of the way.....we were screwing around by the phone booth in Truckhaven and I tried to climb something that would be marginal on a bike.......and stupid on a quad <_< :fool: .......needless to say, I didn't pull it off.......another classic "Daddy Splat".......a profanity laced rear slide tirade as I chunked it/stalled it at the top.....scary.......I think I should stick to two wheels instead of two wheels too many!! :lol:

I'll let ya know what Garmin comes back with when they open the box.....

60CSx.jpg

.....and stupid on a quad <_<:blink: .......needless to say, I didn't pull it off.......another classic "Daddy Splat".......a profanity laced rear slide tirade as I chunked it/stalled it at the top.....scary.......I think I should stick to two wheels instead of two wheels too many!! :fool:

Where's the U-tube video???

How are the ribs feeling?

Where's the U-tube video???

How are the ribs feeling?

Luckily I was out of sight and sprung to my feet quickly so no pics or videos by my so-called "friends".....like "U" :fool:

Knees/ribs are aching a bit.....so much for the "I don't need armor, it's just a quad ride :lol: " mentality......geez, I think I was the one preaching on this forum about the importance safety gear a few weeks ago :lol: .......just plain stupid to NOT protect yourself.........especially when riding on hard pack <_<:o:blink::lol:

60CSx.jpg

Update: Garmin replaced the old unit with a brand 60CSx and all associated cables, clips, manuals, etc. for $75.....rec'd it yesterday......pretty sweet deal since I sent the other one back in two pieces......no complaints here about Garmin customer service/satisfaction :good::D :beach: