Crawdaddy

Red Rock Canyon Tracks

I've attached two tracks for the Red Rocks Canyon area just outside of Vegas. You'll need a street license plate to ride these two tracks. The tracks cover the portion of the Red Rock Canyon area that caps off the annual L.A. to Vegas ride every year......except you'll be riding the area in "both" directions as an out and back. We parked at the visitor's center to begin the ride. It's about ~$5 to park there but at least your vehicle will be secure and rest rooms are also nearby. Track 1 heads up the paved "Scenic Loop" about 7 miles until it reaches Willow Springs Trail Rd. and that's where the ~50 mile Track 2 out and back begins.....Willow Springs Road is a fun jeep road that's washed out in a few places......it's the connector between the Scenic Loop Rd. and Lovell Canyon Road which is also paved.....you hang a right on Lovell Canyon and follow that around as it becomes the "dirty" Lovell Summit Rd......then just follow the track until it ends over by Hwy 160. Have a snack, drink some water, and hang a U-Turn. Once back at the Scenic Loop Rd. you'll jump on Track 3 and cap off the remainder of the scenic road back to your truck. Easy ~70 mile loop.....the only tricky sections are the few washed out portions of Willow Springs Rd (which is also known as Rocky Flats Rd.).....no services or fuel along the tracks.......you're on your own for 70 miles so make sure you're gassed up and have plenty of water.

I rode/created this loop when we headed over to Mesquite, NV. for the BBTR Bar 10 ride. The first few pictures from my Bar 10 trip report are from Red Red Canyon: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2523

Red_Rocks.txt

Thanks for this post. We're going to be in Vegas for Xmas so I'm going to see if I can talk Mr. Michigan into bringing our dirtbikes. I was out in this area about a decade ago with no map or info and ended up doing some hairball drop I really would not like to repeat.