Sign in to follow this  
graydog

KLR Tech Day/Ride 26 APR Julian

There will be a KLR tech day 26 APR starting at about 0800 or so in Julian. In the past some folks have gone for a ride after working on their bikes. Here is the info:

Next Tech Day April 26, 2008

2656 Farmer Rd, Julian, CA 92036 (next door to the Julian Fire Station)

more info at http://www.leftcoastklrs.com/

If you have not attended this is sort of a "gathering of the tribe" to exchange stories and expose myths while a great day of working on bikes under the supervision of several very experienced KLR riders. Eagle Mike, of Eagle Mfr, usually brings the lunch, some parts, fluids and tools....if there is something you need to get done or questions to ask this is the place. If you are coming from Ramona into Julian turn left at the intersection of 78 and the main street, Julian Rd....if from Cuyamaca Lake go past 78 on Julian Rd and the Fire Station will be on the right....look for KLRs, you can't miss the lime green ones.....carl

for anybody that doesn't have an Eagle Mike Doo-Hickey,, this is a "must attend"

You'll get 10 people tell you that the doo-hickey failure is over rated... and that MAY be... but it happened to me, and a bike with less than 5000 miles on it was broken beyond repair...

I hear the 08 models are "better", but still not up to par with eagle Mike's stuff... GO

wise words bikeslut..fixing the doohickey is just something you need to do...the last two tech days I attended every factory adjustment spring was broken even though not all the adjustment arms were...think of it as your contribution to bringing a grand old bike platform into the 21st century...don't be put off by the discription of the retrofit, it is just one step at a time and you will have a lot of folks to help you on the 26th....

While you are at it consider replacing the glass fuses (like a 1955 chevy had) with modern fuses...trust me on this one as I was doing washboards in the desert when my glass fuse failed leaving me with no fan...what an incentive to sprint back to the highway fast enough to air cool the engine and try not to over heat until I could change the fuse with the thoughtful one Kawasaki put in the fuse box.

If nothing else come to the tech day for the lies, the fun and the good eats....carl

I will most likely be attending if anyone wants to ride up together !!!!!!!

I'm riding from rancho bernardo!!!

I was thinking of riding up myself, I'm in Poway, is that on your way? I don't have a KLR but sounds like a nice ride. I'd be willing to ride along with you.

ORANGEBLOOD

Yea I normally take rancho bernardo rd toward poway and jump on poway rd then to 67 ,i will be leaving early though !!! if anyone wants to ride up i will be at the shell on the corner of rancho bernardo rd and pomerado at 7:00am !!!!!!!!

Even if you don't have a klr its a sweet street ride up to jullian, and should have some nice weather tommorow!!!!!!!

I can make it to the Shell station at 7:20 to 7:30, the storage place where I store my bikes on Poway Rd. does not open until 7:am (you know 7 to 7) and if I took my bike out tonight, my wife would find out about a bike she does not know about yet. Also might I suggest a backtrack to Highland Valley Rd up to the 67, it a nice group of twisties to warm up on.

I can make it to the Shell station at 7:20 to 7:30, the storage place where I store my bikes on Poway Rd. does not open until 7:am (you know 7 to 7) and if I took my bike out tonight, my wife would find out about a bike she does not know about yet. Also might I suggest a backtrack to Highland Valley Rd up to the 67, it a nice group of twisties to warm up on.

orangeblood! you keep something like that hidden from your wife! Shame on you!

do you know any place like that closer to Alpine? :)

Well....as long as you're only hiding a bike from her..... :)

I'll take the shame, as it easier to deal with that, than explain to my wife why I need more than one bike, let alone the number I have accumulated over the last year. Also I don't think I could get all of them in my garage at home. But you have to admit it is working, so far, as long as I don't push the bikes in her face, she kind of turns a blind eye.

I am also certain that there are more of you that have faced this same problem of multiplying bikes, get'um into the herd and then weed them out. I had this same problem with skis when I was into that.

Who, me? :) I don't have any problem with too many bikes..... :D

Thats sounds fine orangeblood 7:30am it is , and I was also thinking of taking highland valley rd !!!!!!

Hopefully I will get the new stainless brake lines installed at the tech day.

And from your screen name i take it you ride ktm's :)

See you at 7:30am I'm riding a red and black KLR !!!!

Any other takers ???