Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Fallbrook ride

The Santa Ana winds were howling and kicking up the dust at my house this morning and the air was already pretty warm around nine o clock when I wheeled the green slug out of the garage. It would be the first time this year that I actually didn't need a jacket to hit the pavement with my motorcycle.

I took the short 23 mile ride over to Fallbrook, after fiddling around getting ready and then forgetting to grab my camera, and I arrived a few minutes before ten at Mickey Ds. The wind had died down quite a bit by the time I pulled into the parking lot. A group of motorcyclists were gathered there with their big adventure bikes, but they were not anybody from our club. The only person from our gang who was there, was Rob and his big KLR. We chatted around for a bit. Fifteen or twenty minutes later, we saw Cardiffchris heading up the road towards us. After a quick McWhatever and some coffee, he was set to go and we rolled out to retrace our route up to Santa Margarita peak from a few weeks ago. It was sure windy up top there, just below the summit.

We took a different route back to Fallbrook, a lot of pavement and went up to the tower thingie to have a look-see at it. It's just ugly and I still don't know what it is, but there was a great view of our surroundings from up there. After that we did some more dirt roads and finally Rob split off from us on De Luz road and I split off from Cardiffchris back in Fallbrook. From there it was back to my house for an oil change on the li'l KLX. I put 110 miles on the odometer without ever adding fuel or switching to reserve.

A mellow ride with good companions. <_< Perhaps Rob will post some photos.

I started off getting to McD's 40 minutes before anyone else, so I ate. I saw a bunch of old cars driving by so I went outside to enjoy the show and my coffee.

DSCN2402.jpg

DSCN2403.jpg

DSCN2404.jpg

Then I saw a colorful motorcyclist come down the road...it was DirtDame.

DSCN2405.jpg

Chris showed up a while later and we took off after he ate. After a while we found some shade, it was a good time to break since we knew there is very little shade on this ride.

DSCN2407.jpg

Didn't take many pics since we were here a couple weeks ago. We ended up taking a different way back. It was nice and scenic and Chris got us to the mysterious tower.

DSCN2410.jpg

You can see that the upper part is a shell with louvers for air to go through, but we couldn't see any equipment inside from the distance we were at.

Overall, another fun day on the trails. Got home and built a little garden area for the wife to show my appreciation for giving me a pass out the day before I go out golfing.

OK mimi... how many helmets do you have, and do they ALL match a riding outfit?

and on another note... MAN!!! That's some color there!

OK mimi... how many helmets do you have, and do they ALL match a riding outfit?

and on another note... MAN!!! That's some color there!

No thats the only helmet that specifically matches the outfit (in colors only dogs can hear :D ) I call it my bad luck outfit, because it was difficult to get the whole thing ordered at once, because not everything was in stock at the warehouse and when I finally got all the pieces together I was unemployed. Then I didn't feel like wearing it. I finally wore it, hoping to dispel any omens of bad luck. I don't know if it will bring me good luck, but nothing bad happened on the ride, at least. :rolleyes: