Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Big Bear Pinnacles Loop Track

Can't get this to load in mapsource for some reason. Says it isn't a valid file...any way you can host the GPX file?? Thanks!!

Can't get this to load in mapsource for some reason. Says it isn't a valid file...any way you can host the GPX file?? Thanks!!

It's fine, I just downloaded it again to verify.....you're skipping a step somewhere :bad: .....go here for a download refresher: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2347

You're gonna "Dig" the DigDug Pinnacles loop......I'd go but I'm off to the Laguna's to mtn bike/hike and burn marshmallows this weekend.....

Here's the latest version of my Pinnacles loop. It's the same one Crawdaddy posted, but instead of all the fire road at the end, it takes you up some more quad trails right around Pinnacles. Download the attached "Pinnalcles v2.txt" file and save it to your computer. Once it's saved, rename it to "Pinnacles v2.gdb". Take right turns where the track forks to run the loop forwards (counterclockwise).

Also, you can go here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/ohv/ to print out the OHV maps. Print out the two for "Mountaintop Ranger District".

Pinnacles_v2.txt

Here's the latest version of my Pinnacles loop. It's the same one Crawdaddy posted, but instead of all the fire road at the end, it takes you up some more quad trails right around Pinnacles.

Thanks for the track tweak ;)

Version 3.0

Check out this ride report: Big Bear ride

The forest service closed down just over 2 miles of cool OHV trails near the the Pinnacles area :lol: - requiring a detour of the loop.

Attached is the latest updated track.

Enjoy!

Pinnacles_v3.txt