Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

Ensenada Recommendations?

Doing a little ride next month and would rather stay in Ensenada than the dump I always stay at on the highway in Santo Tomas. Any of you guys have recommendations on a place near the beach with good parking for the bikes?

thanks.

Doing a little ride next month and would rather stay in Ensenada than the dump I always stay at on the highway in Santo Tomas. Any of you guys have recommendations on a place near the beach with good parking for the bikes?

thanks.

I've stayed at Estero Beach Resort. Pretty nice place......easy to get in and out of.....nice pool (with swim up bar)

thanks.

I've stayed at Estero Beach Resort. Pretty nice place......easy to get in and out of.....nice pool (with swim up bar)

Thanks. Estero Beach Resort is bit over budget, so near the beach is probably out. Saw a place ensenada beach house that looks nice. Any other recs on the south end of town? May just have to cruise around and see what we find.

check out EL FARRO it is it next door to the north. A great place to stay. it has rooms right on the shore for way cheaper then estero but you can walk over and use the pool ,bar,restaurant. it used to have a lion there

they had in a big cage it might still be there I haven't been there in 12 years or so. good luck

I remember that lion in a dog run cage, I used to pet him thru the chain link. He was like a big kitten. Estero bay has cheap camping also in the grass on the bay. In my skinnier days I belonged to Moonlight Beach volleyball club and every year 1st weekend in june there is this huge volleyball tournament in Estero bay.110-140 nets set up put on by Too much fun promotions...

Thanks for the suggestions folks, it will keep me from having to cruise all around Ensenada after the end of a long day of riding. Anything will be better than the El Palomar in Santo Tomas. Not that its a bad hotel, ok, its a dump, but the biggest problem is the sound of jake brakes right outside the window all night long. :ph34r:

Have any of you stayed at Coyote Cals just north of Erendira? I've ridden by it many times but never stopped in to check it out. Doesnt look like they have a very secure place to leave the bikes though.

Have any of you stayed at Coyote Cals just north of Erendira? I've ridden by it many times but never stopped in to check it out. Doesnt look like they have a very secure place to leave the bikes though.

I stopped to check out Coyote Cal's. It's more of a hostel than a hotel. They provide sheets and you make your own bed. You get a bunk and you share the room with three or so other guys. You get a locker to put your stuff into. They serve dinner at a set time. I can't remember whether they said dinner was included in your stay.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. We wound up staying at Ensenada Beach House at estero beach. nice clean rooms, very good beds, secure bike parking and a killer restaurant, $35 a night for a room with two queen size beds. Recommended.