No offence but, that is why I joined the San Diego Adventure Riders. Too have someone to ride with just in case. I remember reading your post before the June crash. You at least get an "E" for effort. :ph34r:

Hey 2wheels, I remember your origanal post as well, and you talked about a green klr coming by ,on the oriaflamie trail,,it was that last little nasty rocky section just before the top , before we started heading down again, anyhow that was me.!! .I stoped and asked if you were ok,

Posted Image

.....this pic not us, only added for story enhancement......

how cool remembering you there, and now reading this post and having just met you at johns BBQ, I stoped in borrego springs for a big fat burrito, and saw you go by, and then meet you again at that first 20 foot sand hill,just before the roller coster sand gully that punched out in san felipe.. but just blew right by ,becouse you seemed to be ok.!!! it was my first ride with the club , and i rode solo also, but now that i've met a few members, if theres one this year, we should all hook up and camp n ride together... Kaw'ee

As it turned out, the sweep crew got delayed during the first part of the ride and decided to skip the last part of the ride that's another post that got deleted. I was the last guy on the trail. Could've turned out worse than it did.

I'll ride with ya on the next one. I had my hayday with sand on two wheels as well and decided to dedicate a weekend to get it all figured out. I went to Glamis and then Gordons to get myself comfortable. Standing while hugging the tank with your knees and having a loose grip on the bars turns out to be the best tactic.........for me.

Oh ya, so is there going to be a Dash in 07?

Desert Dash 2007 will be February 24th & 25th. We'll start prerunning, rollcharting and GPS'ing routes in late October through January. Will need some riding partners, and perhaps volunteers to help out with the ride.

Here's a few photos from our Desert Dash Dualsport Ride, February 25-26th, 2006.

The ride was a big success, we maxed out with the number of riders. Have been getting good comments about the ride on different message boards. We may be putting on another couple of rides next year in different areas in the higher elevations.

Desert Dash Photos

Amir's Photos and Video Link from Desert Dash 2006

Our Mascot Cody Boy posing with a couple of riders in Grapevine Canyon

Posted Image

Gary from Brattin Motors BMW on his Dakar 650 GS

Posted Image

Rider showing off on a Berm shot.......

Posted Image

Gregg Wannabe from ADVrider

Posted Image

Gregg Wannabe's 16 year old daughter on her 250....she did the whole ride on Sunday :clap

Posted Image

KTMrad Posted on Jul 27 2006, 06:48 PM Will need some riding partners, and perhaps volunteers to help out with the ride.

Randy, I will help :ph34r:

I appreciate the offer to ride together.  Sounds like a good idea.  I plan on going to the next Desert Dash, but I may end up bailing when it gets into heavy sand.  When it gets a little cooler, I'm going to work on getting the sand thing figured out.  The Yuha wash could be a good place to go practice.  There's sand there and BLM trails but it's not nearly as crowded as Glamis and Gordon's Well.  I need more experience and better tires for sand -- possibly more hosepower, bigger bike.  If I get it all figured out by February, I'll try and complete the entire ride, otherwise, I'll bail early.

For the February Desert Dash, We'll be working on having more options to avoid some of the deep sand sections...we want to have a good route with less sand for big Adventure Bikes and novices.

This desert dash seems very challenging! Not sure I'm up for it myself ;) 2-wheels, U sure had courage to do it as a newbe! Cool!! :D

Hi 2wheels,i think that the sweep raiders did not find you as they was with me on the route as another rider on a crf broke her collar bone in front on me and help him to get help in Ranchita. ( A NON EVENT RIDER, NEAR THE LAND ROVER GROUP)i think this guy raed the old oneal helmets promo... IF YOU ONLY WEAR A HELMET FALL ON YOUR HEAD... CIRCA 1980AS IS ALL HE WEAR.its not the bike that you ride ( i was on a 650 an you ride more distance than i do )may be you remember me i open the gate for you at the end of the first dirt section near the gold mine, we was two riders on f650 and was with you at the paved roadthe Sr on the Dakar hit the sand ( meet the 1st sweep riders) he left the eventi meet the bike diver 500 meters after that i follow kevin ( white dakar) grund 3 times till the road , and the abs help me to be on the brush, ahead i left the event after launch in borregoso is not the bike is how good you feel on it ( personal apreciation)

Dude, this is going to be a lot of fun ! I learned a lot about sand and how to handle it better after riding with Carguy & Joliet out of Ocotillo on the Veterans Day Ride. The forum topic here was also very helpful. You have to take everyones advice, keep it in mind, and then go see what works best for you and your bike. There are lots of really great tips there.

I think with some good pointers and a couple days of practice, you'll be feeling much more at home on the deep stuff. So I'll see you there at the 2007 SDAR DESERT DASH ! ! WOOOOHOOOOOO ! ! !