Sign in to follow this  
Tree

Anyone Going Through Utah

I was looking at picking up a Hodaka super Rat to restore because that was my first dirt bike and I thought it would be a cool project. I found one but it is in Utah and would need to be picked up. I figured if someone was going to be through that area (Salt Lake area) and would have time and room to bring it back I might persue it further. If not, maybe i'll just look for a project closer to home. :)

I was looking at picking up a Hodaka super Rat to restore because that was my first dirt bike and I thought it would be a cool project. I found one but it is in Utah and would need to be picked up. I figured if someone was going to be through that area (Salt Lake area) and would have time and room to bring it back I might persue it further. If not, maybe i'll just look for a project closer to home. :)

Did you check advrider? This has been known to work over there... get it to Sedona on a Sunday or Monday, and I'll bring it back for you! (Jerome, Prescott, Phoenix, etc.)

I never had one (MR50) but always drooled over the Hodakas, Bultacos, Maico's, etc. The KTM's of the day!

Watching On Any Sunday, and everybody saying "Bob, you could ride a way longer wheelie than that kid"

Now look; I'm getting all teary-eyed

I couldn't get anything lined up on this one in time. I'll keep looking closer to home. What's this avrider thing you're talking about? There can't be another dual sport site better then this one. Maybe bigger but not better.

Watching On Any Sunday, and everybody saying "Bob, you could ride a way longer wheelie than that kid"

by the way THAT KID jeff ward

by the way THAT KID jeff ward

Jeff Ward was the kid at Saddleback, if i remember correctly... but maybe not

I was a better bicycle rider than motorcycle rider, btw. Jeff Ward heard I was thinking about trying Supermoto next year, so he retired...

I couldn't get anything lined up on this one in time. I'll keep looking closer to home. What's this avrider thing you're talking about? There can't be another dual sport site better then this one. Maybe bigger but not better.

It's not better, but it's definitely bigger. I can only take that site in small doses... If you can sift through the bs and name calling, there are some serious riders over there... That's where I found Les walker that helped us get the bikes out from the Phantom Trail II... SDL posted the original story, and i asked for Helicopter help, and he (not knowing any of us) offered to ride the bikes out "or the autopsy is free"...

So the deal is: thousands of members, and a few great guys!

I couldn't get anything lined up on this one in time. I'll keep looking closer to home.

Bummer :unsure: , I had a friend in Salt Lake that was willing to pick it up for you. He has been sick and not checking his emails until today. So he didn’t get back to me in time. Heck if you can still get it he will pick it up and store it. That would give me a reason to go up to Salt Lake and see him. (I could bring my bike and ride in the snow). :unsure: I’m sorry to be so late.

Roger

I couldn't get anything lined up on this one in time. I'll keep looking closer to home.

Bummer :unsure: , I had a friend in Salt Lake that was willing to pick it up for you. He has been sick and not checking his emails until today. So he didn’t get back to me in time. Heck if you can still get it he will pick it up and store it. That would give me a reason to go up to Salt Lake and see him. (I could bring my bike and ride in the snow). :unsure: I’m sorry to be so late.

Roger