Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

xr 650l battery bracket upgrade

The black bracket is the one I just broke. White bracket is one I pulled off a parts bike. To my surprise it looks like someone had already done the gusset mod. Considering they are charging me $100 dollars to fix my frame, that makes this part all that more enjoyable.

post-174-1202511704_thumb.jpg

post-174-1202511821_thumb.jpg

You are bound and determined to get your moneys worth out of that parts bike aren't you. :rolleyes: Ken

Good news for you. Money well spent I'd say.

Soo Mike, when are you going to put the bike back together and go ride?

The bike is only been down a week. I am thinking about going back to the mountains for a ride on Sat 16th.

The bike is only been down a week. I am thinking about going back to the mountains for a ride on Sat 16th.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) had disabled the starter interlock on an XR650L? I am using a clutch lever from a 650R, which doesn't trip the switch interlock, and its a pain not to be able to start the bike in gear. I know you are supposed to jump the circuit at the clutch or the kickstand, but I was wondering which was easiest point to get access to the wiring. Thanks.

I believe you just take the two wires that go to that switch at the clutch and put them together closing the circuit.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) had disabled the starter interlock on an XR650L? I am using a clutch lever from a 650R, which doesn't trip the switch interlock, and its a pain not to be able to start the bike in gear. I know you are supposed to jump the circuit at the clutch or the kickstand, but I was wondering which was easiest point to get access to the wiring. Thanks.

That is what I did. I can start in gear, stand switch bypassed. My clutch switch is still active, but easy to bypass.

Under the seat is where I bypassed the sidestand circut.