Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

The Search for Snow

Found it.

DSC00036.jpg

Thanks Dirt Dame and yes the divide road is closed....

DSC00037.jpg

This is about 10 miles up from SR 79 on the trailer park side. Just about every fire road I tried to access was closed. Everything off of Pamo Rd. is closed. Black Canyon rd is open for the reservation traffic, but is very rutted.

I was greated with a little water crossing at the base of Palomar Mt.

DSC00044.jpg

Nice views from the gate.

DSC00039.jpg

Better from the top :(

The rest of my rides will be in the desert. The fire roads are fun, but if they're all closed thats no fun at all. I did 150 miles and most of it was touring the backcountry paved roads of SD and Riverside Counties. :rolleyes: Almost crashed on ice on Mesa Grande Rd, just up the hill from the Hideout. :ph34r: Until the fire roads get grated and repaired I'll see you in Anza-Borrego State Park.

Yeah, sorry to hear that you didn't get to ride where you had planned. But I know what the rangers'll do after any type of storm. I wanted to ride your ride, but I was pretty sure about the gates, so I slept in, then went down to Yaqui Wells and did an easy ride over Grapevine and Jasper trail down to Borrego Springs, then motored through the washes back to the Blue Inn and came back to my car on the highway. Sticking to the desert will be a good idea. It was very nice down there after the rains.