Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Note on the Baja Designs XL Pro Switching

For the past year I have been sorting the Hi/Lo switching options for the BDs LED XL Pro. This is the latest plug n go for the the stock headlight mask. I have an XCW which comes with limited on/off headlamp switch I believe.. From the start I installed the Sicass full turn signals and multi-function switch.

Diego at BD, could Not confirm their fancy Hi/Lo Harness would work with the Sicass switch. So,,I opted for the push button Hi/Lo switch. This switches a ground from the headlamp. Always working for simplicity, the number of buttons at the left handle was Not my first choice. Multi-function, PTT, Hi/Lo button and the motor kill switch. Too many and too much of a reach.

Finally to the point. As gamble, Purchased the $38 Hi/Lo harness and plugged it in. No extra wires and the plugs matched up! The issue was: Did Sicass spec the same plug layout as BD? Well,,,all is well and was able to remove the push button. Multi-function now has Off-Low-Hi control of headlamp as well as turns and horn.

I would guess the stock KTM Multi-function would be compatible with the BD XL Pro harness.

In Good Lighting,

Bags.