My buddy and I went down to San Felipe via Laguna Hanson and the goat trail. We got back today.

It was pretty much a perfect weekend. The temperature up to the point of the dry lake bed was cool sweatshirt type of weather. Clear, sunny, and crisp.

One item of note. We were on the compadre trail mid morning on Saturday. There was a sizable bicycle event with about 150 riders and about 50 chase cars. Everyone poking along as they climbed the grade out of Rancho Santa Veronica. Funny to see so many chase vehicles. Not sure where they were going. We turned off the CT at Rancho Compadre.

More sand than what I remembered coming out of the dry lake baed and heading to SF. It is probably no different but I don't remember miles of soft sand like we had.

DD

Sounds like fun crazy about all the bicycles

There is a lot of sand, but I just crank up the Scotts and hit it. How was the goat trail after all of the El Nino rain?

There is a lot of sand, but I just crank up the Scotts and hit it. How was the goat trail after all of the El Nino rain?

The trail was good. I probably have not been on it in a year or more. No issues other than a random gate that was wire tied shut. No signs WRT no entry and no lock but it was not looped like a normal gate. We used pliers, untied it and then tied it back up. We didn't do the whole goat trail we popped out by the church.

DD

250 miles the first day ; the second day (return) we did the dry lake bed but then blasted on the highway to Ojos followed by the the compadre trail to tecate. The second day was much quicker.