I usually get my days off in the middle of the week and I'm going on a ride next Tuesday. I’m planning on exploring dirt roads in the East County Area. Is anyone riding next Tuesday?

2Wheels Posted on Jul 13 2006, 09:09 PM But I'd love to conquer the Mountain Springs Stagecoach Road if I can find someone to ride with that day. It’s not a trail I want to ride solo.

Unfortunately I have to work during the week or I would be happy to re-ride the trail.Temperatures expected to be 105-115 in the high desert for the next 5-7 days + the heat index. You may want to wait for a cool spell. :blink:

RIDE IDEAS FOR SAN DIEGO

Davies Valley (Interesting ride in the cooler months)

Pacific Ocean to Colorado River mostly in the dirt (Getting ambitious)

I got two river runs in before summer hit, allways a favorite of mine..

.we can hit davies valley and out through pinto wash, since its on the way...

.are you set up for a overnighter.?? .lets plan on it.....

....................I'm in...kaw'ee.........................

Posted Image

Sounds good for October or November when it starts cooling down in the desert. But I’d want to avoid taking Pinto Wash out of Davies Valley because it takes you into Mexico. I don’t have any problem with going to Mexico, but I don’t want to cross into or out of it anywhere but at a Port of Entry.

2Wheels Posted on Jul 15 2006, 12:48 PM   How do you get pictures onto your posts? Anyone know?

I don't know why it seems to be a secret.To post photos, You will need to first upload them to a site like "photobucket.com" which is free. Then when composing you will have keys above. One is IMG. click on it and add the link to where the photo is, Photobucket.If you need more help PM me. :blink:

2wheels... I can, sometimes, take days of during the week, since I make my own appointments.. I may be interested in riding with you on some of your trips.. but, I'm just not to much into really warm desert weather riding..to me there is a point when it's no longer fun.. are there any rides closer to the coast? well, good luck on this one, and make sure you carry plenty of water... even if you feel fine because you are sweating, I understand you can dehidrate fast under those conditions...

Quick write up here. I don't want to start a whole new thread under ride write ups. I took a combination of dirt and pavement - mostly pavement - out to Lake Morena. Back around to Potrero Road. Time to go home after going to the end of Round Potrero Road and back.

But I'd love to conquer the Mountain Springs Stagecoach Road if I can find someone to ride with that day. It’s not a trail I want to ride solo.

I found a road that drops into Mountain Spings to the West of Desert Tower on my maps. I'm pretty sure that is the Stage Road as described. If we did that after it cools off a bit, we could combine it with a short hike up Table Mountain, which would have a great overview of the road (and the whole area for that matter) :ph34r: