Dan Diego

Two bikes catch fire on the 54

like most articles, that one is poorly written. It said a fiery crash on a ramp, but one attempted to cut across vegetation.... and... only mentions one fire but two motorcycles..

Maybe I didn't read it well enough, but it seems like it's trying to be provocative rather than informative

trophy hunter- false alarm

Well, crap. It was worse than first thought.

Motorcyclist killed by pickup truck in fiery crash

NATIONAL CITY, Calif. — A pickup truck crashed into two motorcyclists who had stopped alongside a South Bay freeway interchange Tuesday morning, killing one of them and seriously injuring the other.

The two riders were seated on their stationary two-wheelers in a median next to the connector from westbound state Route 54 to northbound Interstate 5 in National City when the Ford F-150 veered to the right off the latter roadway and hit them shortly before 6 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.

The impact hurled the victims into traffic lanes along with their motorcycles, one of which caught fire.

Medics took the motorcyclists to UCSD Medical Center, where one of them, a 27-year-old San Diego resident, succumbed to his injuries. His name was withheld pending family notification.

The other rider was admitted for treatment of severe injuries.

The cause of the accident was under investigation. Intoxication was not believed to have been a factor, CHP public-affairs Officer Tony Contreras said.

Exactly why I don't like too ride street. Not hating on those that do... just don't like my fate in others hands that I don't know. At least off road I "kind of" can control when I hit hard objects or sharp cactus.