Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

New Guy

Hi from Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego. 49 years old and currently compete in Vintage MX. I Started with DS riding about 3 years ago when the Green Sticker area in the desert started getting smaller. I now have a 02 Suzuki DRZ 400s with a bunch of DS mods. I looking forward to meeting up for some group rides and maybe if I'm lucky someone will show me how to use my GPS. I'm semi retired as a stay at home dad to a 3 yr old boy and also have a 15 daughter who rides also. If you my wonder about my name Socalhodaka, I race, collect , restore and sell Hodaka's. Thanks Kelly

Greetings "racer clam", glad to have you on board. Hodakas bring back memories of the golden age of dirt biking. I wish I had kept some of my goofy old machines, like my rotary valve 125 Maico, or my RT159 Super DKW 125 or perhaps my first real trail bike, a Bultaco 360 Frontera.

Welcome Kelly. Your presence as a vintage collector / racer will add to the great diversity of our group. So stick around and be watching for up coming rides in this forum:

Local informal rides

Ah, the memories ... my Ace 100 teaching me what "on the pipe" really meant :ok:

Welcome to the nuthouse :lol: Those Suzuki's seem to be a pretty good all-around bike, though not many people like riding coast to coast on them :lol: they have Japanese quality, which makes them relatively bulletproof.

Welcome.

I am a noob too, but I am hoping to meet up with at least some of the group soon.

Looking forward to some good times. :lol: