I'll let other add witty comments...I'll just say: sometimes you're top dog-sometimes you're the hydrant

post-122-0-03594700-1433097645_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-26907700-1433097655_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-46887000-1433097668_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-86696900-1433097679_thumb.jpg

Was pretty warm to ride Ranger.

We did the faster but technical stuff after you goys bailed. 4&5 I think.

post-15562-0-12590300-1433112794_thumb.j

post-15562-0-72509100-1433112816_thumb.j

post-15562-0-93124300-1433112831_thumb.j

It was fun. Wore me out, but has me motivated to get back in shape :)

Good shake down run for the new bike. Found a couple adjustments I need to make. Gearing is still a bit tall for the technical stuff like that - at least for my slow pace.

Lots of dust, starting to get hot, going backwards on Ranger.

new to me camera was in the take a pic every 10 seconds mode.

G0040087_zps9wpvr3pl.jpg

this is just past "that one section"

G0040090_zpsovwxdekl.jpg

smiling because he's past "that section"

G0040099_zpsbrzoe6vy.jpg

"you shall not pass!"

G0040164_zpsd7aefhij.jpg

smashed your case and you have a glide plate? Hope everything is OK.

One we finished with that ego adjustment, we rode 6, 8, 9. Trails 8 and 9 are the official confidence builder trails. Trail 6 is good for getting your bike to cool down.

I want to thank the photographers for only posting pictures of me upright, smiling, and moving forward.

This forum doesn't need to see the images of me in stuck in bushes, stalled in rock gardens, panting, laying in the dirt.

Jim- no pictures = it didn't happen...don't "self-incriminate"...repeat after me..."I NAILED Ranger"

I apologize for the clutch issues and related hold up... Feel like I took all the momentum out of the decent start to our run. Ranger is a butt-kicker. Now we (I) know that going both directions!

Saw a couple of rattle snakes out there. One down in the rut of the single track, one on the perimeter road. Keep you eyes out for them... Don't want to get hung up on the trail right next to one of those bad boys! Likely will be out warming in the mornings before it gets too hot, so you early-birds be extra mindful.

Thanks to all for your patience... Always a pleasure riding with you guys and I still had a great time!

Was pretty warm to ride Ranger.

We did the faster but technical stuff after you guys bailed. 4&5 I think.

After Ranger (jumped out at the Trail 11 bailout), sdhydro noticed some oil leaking from his case, so he headed back to his vehicle. The rest of us rode 11 to 5 to the perimeter road to Bobcat Meadow campground. Took Bill's Singletrack back to 4 Corners. BS, Amgems and Darylhunter headed back down Kernan at that point.

Ken, 1K and I rested up a bit at 4 Corners, then headed down to run out Spur Meadow. Decided instead to go up, over 6 to 9 to 8 to 1, back down 8 to do the second part of 8 up to 1 and then back to 4 Corners. Good fun and a bit of work, but nothing like Ranger.

1K and I stopped at Sombrero's in El Cajon for some Mexican health food! Cali tacos, tostadas and rolled tacos!