Sign in to follow this  
Deepsea

Heading to coyote cals

I wish. Have fun. Great riding in that area.

Route?

Just found out a friend of mine has a house a few miles to the north of Cal's.....I'll definitely be riding down/visiting him :coolio::torch::smile_anim: (but not this weekend)

Have fun!

Check the Score website whend planning your trip.

This years Baja 500 heads North from Ojos.

You might be going backwards on the new course that opened last Friday.

I am heading down from tecate to mikes on sat. How do you think that affects safety?

I rode to coyote cals and encountered lots of oncoming traffic, and that was before the course was even opened for pre-running. Be careful, and expected the unexpected at all times

2015_SCRE_B500_V1P_Ps.jpg

Maybe you could get the gpx files, find your way through the mountains south of Tecate and then over to SF without ever touching the course? It looks like the usual way to Coyote Cals is pretty much going to be worked by the pre-runners.

Or Deepsea, have your buddy come down here, borrow my 990 and take the main dirt roads/slab it over to SF. Make it a big bike trip. I'll be jealous either way!

steve

I am heading down from tecate to mikes on sat. How do you think that affects safety?

I think it will be relatively dangerous. Those guys will be "racing" as if they own the road. Drifting sideways in the turns, etc... The guy that started this thread "deepsea" almost got nailed two years ago. It was a close call and left an impression on all of us in the riding party.

I am recently gun-shy for oncoming collisions but even before that I saw the danger on a handful of situations.

On the other hand if you are listening and looking for dust and paranoid it is probably manageable. Every blind turn be looking for an escape route.

steve

steve

Well this might put a kabash on the trip. Not sure if i want to dodge prerunners like last time. Never been more scared thinking I/we (dirtdiver) would get creamed by a trophy truck!