Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

cell phone numbers in "members only"?

I see many "informal rides" where people plan to come, then don't post for awhile, then there is a question whether you're "in" or "out" and whether the other riders should wait for you.

does it make any sense to have a phone list in the "members only" forum?

I know some people don't want their cell phone number floating around cyber-space, but the members only forum should be ok...no?

It might also be helpful in a "stranded rider" case...

I thought about this a couple weeks ago when Hammer called me broken down. I think it would be nice if people had lists of names to contact just incase they break down and can not make it home. I dont really feel the members only forum would be "Private" enough. If people would be willing to put thier #s on a list we could pass them out privately. Just starting the list would be great, and I think it would grow. You would have to have the list, or know someone that had the list and ask for #s. This would eliminate everyone's # being posted. My .02

How about we ride with lots of riders from the group, ask for contact info and build a collective data base?

When are we going to ride again Bob? I am working on another mountain to desert route and I don't have a number for a chopper if I need one. :pilot: :blink:

I am open to finding another route...

I am going out to meet Ride O, and Tom on New Year's Eve, if all goes to plan, so that's my next ride...my schedule, between home/work/bands, tends to leave me out of a lot of the rides. But I like reading the reports, and looking at the pretty pictures

I have the Helo number in my Blackberry (in fact I just left him a Merry Christmas message the other day)

I think about that day a lot, and always come to the same conclusion... nature is more dangerous than riding a bike... I walked away from the dive in to the ditch, but didn't get my head right before I started getting my bike out...

I do not anticipate any helicopter rides in the future...

I have a couple of numbers built in to my phone (Ozzy, SDL and motobro) you're right; I should build up that list on future rides... oh yeah... I have 911 on speed dial

Well, looks like it's time to start a thread there for Cell Phone Numbers. I'll go ahead and start a separate forum in the Members Only for Contact Info.

Sounds like a good idea.

If you all haven't noticed, there's been a Member's Contact Info Forum added in the "Members Only" section.