heres the kind of stuff you can expect at a NHHA event, this is Pro Nick Burson back in 09, we all rode down that same chute. There were lots of challenging sections like this throughout the course loops.

bursondropoffL4.jpg

I will be racing round 1 at Johnson Valley on the 25th. Let me know if you are attending and we can meetup.

I will be there Fri-Sunday, # N245, easy to spot, big huge ugly bald dude

Mangler,

I am limiting my race schedule and will probably only do the 100s MC NHHA in Oct. I like to support that one every year. For me its mostly trail rides this year.

This DMC presented race season opener will open your eyes for sure, I've done their events they will work and challenge you. Remember to pace yourself the first loop usually will be a "warm up" the second loop......can get ugly, just keep moving forward. And don't forget to use that MassHole magic to move ahead of guys (or bottle necks) it's a race not a trail ride.

The first DMC opener I did it was so windy up there in the D37 zone that you could literally get blown off course up on the ridges, cool wind was great for dust removal but crazy for riding! Go get em, you will have plenty of bench racing stories of adventure to tell for sure. Folks who think they have done a dez race need to do a National H&H......

motivation for Mangler. The AMA D37 zone 25OCT09 100s Nat H&H coming into check 5 down a long canyon (misc fotos not me), with a few scattered sharp rocks

007_c2_V2_a.jpg

Don't be "that" guy...

083_x016_a.jpg

My race finishing (40B class) Italian (Red) Husky TXC450

08TXC450postrace4.jpg

that BLK on YEL 117H was my AMA Western HS 40 Int number for 2009. I was P29 (pie plate for this H&H)

motivation for Mangler. The AMA D37 zone 25OCT09 100s Nat H&H coming into check 5 down a long canyon (misc fotos not me), with a few scattered sharp rocks

007_c2_V2_a.jpg

Don't be "that" guy...

083_x016_a.jpg

My race finishing (40B class) Italian (Red) Husky TXC450

08TXC450postrace4.jpg

that BLK on YEL 117H was my AMA Western HS 40 Int number for 2009. I was P29 (pie plate for this H&H)

God Dayum This Looks FUN!!

Remember to pace yourself the first loop usually will be a "warm up" the second loop......can get ugly, just keep moving forward.

Thank you!

Yeah, its been a lot of years, but i used to race a lot of longer Hare Scrambles back home. But back then i was in tip top shape, now i am fat and just use more throttle.

The D37 Scramble i did a few months ago, that method was key. I ran at 60% and about 1/2 in, 1/2 the field was either whooped of had yardsaled their bikes.

To finish first, first you must finish! :)

To finish first, first you must finish!

Yessir always my "race" mantra and to ride always like its just a well marked fun trail ride with sweep chase, safety crews,ribbon markers and everyone going the same direction, never get too wrapped in the bar to bar stuff. I always stay away from others as much as possible. In my opinion these XC/enduro type races are safer than a regular trail ride. You will have fun up there believe me. And heck its the big league of western dez racing its a Nat you'll see for a few seconds anyway---Team KTM, top tier KAWs, Top tier Betas and others.

here's the last one I did, I rode my friend's WR300 Husky (Italian Husky) with most excellent Ohlins suspension. By the lap times you see how close the competition is. (he is a 100s MC trail boss and former Nat #1 50A rider, he could not race his clubs event due to rules)

http://www.moto-tally.com/nhha/results.aspx/2013/10/C17/CT

To finish first, first you must finish!

Yessir always my "race" mantra and to ride always like its just a well marked fun trail ride with sweep chase, safety crews,ribbon markers and everyone going the same direction, never get too wrapped in the bar to bar stuff. I always stay away from others as much as possible. In my opinion these XC/enduro type races are safer than a regular trail ride. You will have fun up there believe me. And heck its the big league of western dez racing its a Nat you'll see for a few seconds anyway---Team KTM, top tier KAWs, Top tier Betas and others.

here's the last one I did, I rode my friend's WR300 Husky (Italian Husky) with most excellent Ohlins suspension. By the lap times you see how close the competition is. (he is a 100s MC trail boss and former Nat #1 50A rider, he could not race his clubs event due to rules)

http://www.moto-tally.com/nhha/results.aspx/2013/10/C17/CT

That is awesome!

Are the loops the same loop ran twice? ie.. chance of getting run over by Brabec or any of the other uber fast folks? :)

you will only see Ricky, Ivan, Nick etc etc as they leave the for the bomb, loops are always different and in all the ones I've done progressive in difficulty........I have never seen the pros after a race, by the time I finish they are always packed up and gone even if there was a trophy presentation!!! 1st row will be Pros and As, then Bs etc. try to get a good start to beat any dust but always remember its a long race, you can always pick guys off along the way. Looks like this DMC one is a 2 looper 40 and 40