robertaccio

Local Perfect Winter Conditions prelim dual cam edit Viddy.

Sun 4JAN15, Cool and moist, perfect single track trail conditions, some left over snow still visible, simple effective report viddy can do the talking.

Bikes- FE350S Husky (50 state DS legal), CRF450R Honda, TE300 Husky. 3 very different machines. 3 very similar hooligans.

http://youtu.be/CH64-VHbgeo

Wow that looks fast! Great riding! Post up a pic of your truck! And when I see it I'll go home! I would not want to be on the other end. Thank for post!! Brando

PS safety first after carefully (yes carefully) making our way out to that area. we stop, look and listen from a high point. no fresh tracks leading into that area- no bike sounds- no visible signs of anyone. only then its cams on full gasssss.

That's good to know! Thanks for thinking about the other folk. Sorry I was a little sensitive as I almost had a head on on Sunday at corral canyon on the back fire road . 2 guys almost clipped my wife riding behind me on her xr100. I was pissed!! Ride on brother!!

I want the bike report on the FE350S. The list goes something like this..

Out of box:

Suspension

power

brakes

chassis feel

etc

Anything done to the bike:

Suspension

power

etc

Compare and contrast to the bike he had before the Husky?

Out of box:

Suspension- 4CS forks and rear shock OEM stock in the sport setting, he is upping the spring rates following the OEM spring chart- and extrapolating the rates beyond the book listed rates

power- OEM stock with stock muffler very easy and super quiet but more than substantial for 99%ers, as is with FMF slip on with dB-S/A cap installed a little more quick rev still AMA spec legal for enduro , as heard the cap fell out- too loud with not much more power due to OEM S model EPA- ECU locked for legal reasons, PM for more info

brakes KTM/Husky Brembos state of the art all tests rate them great

chassis feel- Like any linkage KTM/Husky 350 compare to 350XCF or 350SXF 450s and 500 model Mattighofen machines feel different due to engine size, stick with 350 for comparo FE350, and the Kato models with link chassis.

etc

Anything done to the bike:

Suspension

power

etc

Compare and contrast to the bike he had before the Husky?

before bikes

Husaberg 570

I forget

KTM150XC

after one day categorically he stated this is the best feeling bike he ever ridden, fits like a glove. rider is a solid 40A level rider and former ISDE competitor.

seems the 15 models have the 4CS better setup and perhaps the 4CS works better on the 4 stroke.

I say that because 4CS was a complete fail for me, (for me, maybe not for others) on my 14 TE300 and mine are completely reconfigured.

I have read and seen pro/magazine reports on the bike, but it's the people who keep it real. Wait what? I just like to hear what owner's have to say about new bikes, even though everyone's opinions are just that, opinions. But when you hear/read enough opinions that are alike, well, that's very informative stuff.

I have read and seen pro/magazine reports on the bike, but it's the people who keep it real. Wait what? I just like to hear what owner's have to say about new bikes, even though everyone's opinions are just that, opinions. But when you hear/read enough opinions that are alike, well, that's very informative stuff.

Its a KTM350 based machine.....that right there says enough... multi time world champion in MX, top tier US Enduro cross machine, AMA Nat enduro champ...the laurels go on for this series of machines.