Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2015 Beta Line (Inc RE125 aircooled 4T DS legal)

Includes their previously EU only model 125 Street legal DS 4 stroke.

It uses the I believe to be built by Minarelli (Yamaha) air cooled 125cc (TTR) engine, this has been the air cooled base motor sourced by many small cottage EU companies for their "teen" runabout bikes.

I'm surprised its not the newer design liquid cooled engine that Fantic and others use the MC125(WR) series motor model that they have in the 125RR as well, but I guess marketing is looking at AJP and possibly other competition for Asia and want to get in the market first with a low cost low maint air cooled 125 4T.

PS the Beta EU line up has the largest number of different bikes in their line up, from hardcore racers to street runabouts, yes more than KTM.

US market is getting the RE125 4T

http://www.betamotor.com/it/enduro/bikes/re-125-4t-2

Looks like the same engine in the TTR125LE I just sold to Mr. Oracle. Very, very low maintenance engine. There's no oil filter in it. From what I hear there is a centrifuge that seperates the nasty bits from the oil before being sent through the engine. There are a ton of hop up parts available for it. Could be a great grocery getter.

I also like to see that they're finally adopting FI for the 4 stroke range. The 350 has it now, but only a matter of time before the entire line up joins the modern era.

I almost bought a "Bee tah" in 2009. Realy nice bikes that only get better every year. Although they may not have many dealers, the factor support is tremendous and with their North American distribution center in Paso Robles parts generally show up overnight with regular shipping.

On the short list for "next bike".