Logroller

Hydration can never be overstated - so here's a post

Great reminder! I tend to go for caffeine, "energy drinks etc.

No substitute for water. Sometimes I do 50/50 Gatorade/water with a few ice cubes in the Camelback.

I use Hammer Nutrition products like Heed, Hammer Gel and Endurolyte Fizz. I stay away from the supermarket mainstream swill.

Water + Electrolyte food. Carry water on your back, use it during the entire ride. Carry snacks on your back or fanny and eat them thorough a ride. Also hydrate well the night (no binge drinking sugar and alcohol the night before) and morning before a ride, and after. Try to stay away from sugar foods or artificial sweeteners.

Foods for your body.

Potassium = supports cell and heart function, regulates blood pressure, prevents bone loss and kidney stones, and plays a vital role in muscle contraction. Banana or pick fresh or dried fruits like oranges, melons, raisins, or prunes

Sodium = helps the body hold salt which in turn retains water i.e., helps you stay hydrated. Soups the night/morning before, salty nuts, peanut butter, etc

Chloride = Hand in hand with salts. The mineral, which is needed to maintain fluid balance, blood volume, blood pressure, and body fluid pH levels. whole food sources such as olives, seaweed, rye, tomatoes, lettuce, and celery.

Calcium = calcium-rich beverage does a better job than water or sports drinks at rehydrating the body after a workout. Milk delivers a mix of carbohydrates, calcium, sodium, and potassium, along with high-quality protein, which aids muscle recovery. Aim to include calcium-rich foods like milk (regular or soy) and cereal, yogurt, or a latte each day.