I was buying some "going away to college" items for my son...store choice was his mom's...the boy did good; a bluetooth speaker for his iPhone-no goofy toiletries, towels, or throw pillows...on a more personal level, I actually DO enjoy a bubble bath now and again

xr650lnoob needs a cooling system, he won't admit it, but he is thermally challenged. I think he is going through MENopause.

And looking back, i used to wear sportbike leathers when i started riding the xrl even in summer and still did just fine.

You should start wearing those again, seems like it retains moisture better than your dirt gear. Love to see you out at McC with the one piece on. :torch:

Oh and, as far I as I know, I'm hitting the trails next Sunday. Shoulder is still slightly tweaked, but much better.

Oh and some other stuff to keep you COOL "thermally." You're on your own for looks and attitude. :crazy:

1. Breathe: This seems simple, but most of us don’t think about breathing enough while riding. We need to supply our bodies with oxygen to keep our body temperatures down. The same goes for controlling our metal steeds. Less man handling and more precision use of foot peg pressure, knee placement, counter steering, etc means less energy use and less exhaustion.

2. Hydrate: Staying hydrated is essential to having a good day riding your dirtbike. Drink plenty of water on your drive out to the staging area, drink during the ride, breaks and at the end of the day (at home). It will not only stave off dehydration, but will also keep your muscles flexible and less soar from a hard day's ride. And as Robert stated, get some electrolytes in there too.

3. Vented riding gear: Most of the major MX gear companies have a line of vented pants, jerseys and almost everything else for motocross. If you wear underarmor, then having a wicking poly base layer helps as well.

4. Sunscreen - burned skin does not help keep you cool.

5. Sunglasses or tinted goggle can help with body cooling.

6. Vented Googles. I have a pair of Smith Optics that have a pop up vent above each eye. I can notice the difference.

7. Vented helmet - wear one with as many vents as possible, both intake and exit vents.

8. Take them off - your boots, gloves, jersey, body armor off during breaks. And bring extra socks to change out between runs.

9. Keep moving - like our bike keeping things moving keeps things cooler. Reduce the putt putt and pick up the pace. Stop only when needed i.e., crossroads, regrouping...

10. Naked - go free Willy and you'll stay pretty cool, but make sure to use A LOT of sunscreen and perform excellent maneuvers around the Cholla.

Doing the aforementioned and other things can help keep your body, heart and brain 10 degrees cooler on a ride day. Making you ride day a great one, instead of a short ill effected day.

PS we were there as well, it was a good day on the trail, only saw 3 other guys out there on the north end . they were same direction riders that we passed by safely. Rode with Rev5 after he split from your group, he tested out well (hahahaa)

We (I) did your above rock fotos 2x (on 2 different loops) riding up from the field side "special test" side angle then down the face , that monolith is always a fun part of the trail system, it makes for cool fotos as well.

Robert, wanted to say Hi when Ty led us to your camp, but i was hot, out of water and didn't have the mental capacity to stop.

Glad you are back out and had a good ride.

Hope to see you out there again.

Bob, Ty, Blake, Chad, and Ken, thanks for a great ride.

We will have to do this again (especially the silty way back up :))

thanks see y all another time we were finishing L1 and Ty was there for L2 departure, he was on a mission. hehehee I saw that last foto I know where you were....the section just past the short silty downhill.......heading towards a few notable fun trails but one real specific silty loooong uphill, test......

That's the spot! First time there and it was definitely top class. The "flow" is so great after that section. Btw, i removed those pics on bikesluts suggestion. Damn you guys with eagle eyes haha :)

Another stay cool item. Price is right too. I havent tried it, looks like it would work.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Street/Base-Layers/Head-Neck/brand/REV'IT!/Fluid-Cooling-Neck-Collar/p/46018

Agree that looks like a good one, less is more, and I reiterate just that simple bit of cooling around the neck pays dividends.

I have a couple of these (see 1st link below), they are cheap. I got them free from work and they are minimal in size, but they absorb a lot of water. You can get a couple. Ride with one for half the day or what have you and then come back and swap out with the other. Or place one in a zip bag in your backpack or waist pouch and pull out when needed.

Also, when making runs back to the staging area, you can place the used in some water and you can keep rotating out over a l....o....n.....g day. Although, they usually take a little time to fully absorb what they need. They last a decent length of time and again they are minimal in size. You could even double stack them around your neck, one forward facing and one back facing On crazy hot 100+ days. But you won't see me riding in that kind of hot mess and investing in a vest system might be more prudent with that kind of temp riding. Getting an extra vest cooler for you bike might be worth it too on hotness like that. Woowee.

Like Robert said, I too believe minimal in size helps keep air flow moving on the body or neck.

http://www.amazon.com/Evaporative-Cooling-Neck-Band-American/dp/B001EIW3TS

Here's a few more minimal types on one website.

http://industrialsafetygear.com/hard-hats/bandanas.html?gclid=CM_iyK-Ij8ACFcRcMgodpGoArQ