unclecameron

San Diego BMW dealer's X-Challenge 650 dirt demo day, Dec 1

So the fires are under control and/or out, so we're going to try this again:

I'll just refer you to the earlier post here for the details, basically we're just going to do the same thing, but on this Saturday instead of on a Sunday. The interesting twist is that we are going to get the bikes for the whole weekend so we'll actually be up there somewhat less formally on Sunday as well, but we're targeting Saturday for the food, etc.

Get ahold of me via PM or on this post to let me know if you're planning on coming, or get ahold of Sean or Joe at SDBMW or the guys at BMW Motorcycles of North County so we can plan food.

I'll be headed up the night before along with the bikes if anyone wants to camp out Friday night let me know too, you're most welcome :D

Looks like a couple of us will be headed up Friday night to camp, if anyone's interested in that let me know too via PM, or my cell is (858)922-7829.

I had planned on being there but just found out my daughter's brownie troup is going to be in a parade on Saturday, I need to be there. :angry: Ken

We're planning to be there all day Saturday into the evening, and we may have some unscathed bikes to ride by then...maybe :) I think at last count we have 6 or 8 of them (new or very close), so should be enough to go around. Anyway, if some of the night owls won't even be awake until noon, still plenty of time :)

Here's a link in Google maps, Amago track is on the west side of the road, just North of the little tiny store on the La Jolla Indian Reservation...which is nowhere near La Jolla :D

Its friday morning and its raining pretty good :) maybe it will be mudfest 2007 :)

Its friday morning and its raining pretty good :) maybe it will be mudfest 2007 :)

It's about frakken time! For a while,I thought I might never get to ride my TE in mud! :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I wish you will re schedule this event for next weekend. I realy wanted to meet and ride with you guys.

I have to go to a Temecula, winery tour at noon on Saturday. :D

Craig.

Thank you...

Had a great time!!!

Did you get in from the East?

The CHP at Valley Center and 76 told me there was no way into Amago from either side... the BMW shop said you could get in from the East if you told them you were going to Amago, but we were out of time. We're going to try it again tomorrow.

the officer by the entrance to hidshaw was cool. he let us by and several others.

Thanks Joe. We'll try our luck Sunday morning... hope plenty of others made it okay today... <_<

uh, yeeeeahh, that situation with the CHP/caltrans was hard to love <_< They were turning people around that came in from the north side, and then if you came around from the south by Lake Henshaw there was a road closed sign :D The good news is if you tell the guy by Lake Henshaw you're going to Amago they'll let you through. Plus today is MUCH sunnier, we has a blast yesterday, but the blast included copious amounts of mud :D Today should be much more pleasant, and the bikes are still there waiting to be ridden, though now they're a little dirty unless Sean cleaned them off last night at the track :D

Nobody even wrecked and broke anything significant yesterday...that in itself was impressive :)

I'm trying to fix a flat that happened last night on the way riding home, so that may delay me being up there today (tubeless donchaknow) but I'll try to make it up there later.