ADV Bum

Seat comfort

I found a cheap and easy way to improve you seat. I recently purchased a corbin seat for my bike. When I got it I quickly realized that the corbin is a street machine seat vs the off road beast. At the same time I also purchased a used gel pad to put on the corbin. Not being happy with the corbin I took the gel pad down to the upolsterer's ( however it is spelled) and had them install into my stock seat. I tested it today in big bear and my arse feels great. No more pressure point pains. Ars never got sour off road. A little numb/ not in pain on road, thats probably from road vibs from nobbies! So 25$ for the pad w memory foam. Usually $100, and $40 to be installed. $65 Sweet!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Darly wants one of those for his trials bike.

You can also stand up more, witch helps you ride better.

MR.HAMMER. :wacko:

Craig- You didn't correct his spelling on "upholsterer"...

and it's daryl

and which

and from my point of view, you can fix your seat and your butt feels better, or stand more and have your knees in pain...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Craig- You didn't correct his spelling on "upholsterer"...

and it's daryl

and which

and from my point of view, you can fix your seat and your butt feels better, or stand more and have your knees in pain...

About a month ago I complained about how hard my seat was on my XR 400 and was told I was supposed to be standing!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand more than most, but not as much as I realy should. Like a trials rider does.

I was told to stand almost all the time when rideing MX.

Every time I ride with someone that is much better than me, I notice they stand alot more than I do. :wacko:

when riding MX, i totally agree... stand except when braking hard in to a corner, and when accelerating hard out... and, even while "sitting" you should be weighting your pegs, and using your legs to help correct for terrain, etc.

On a dual sport ride, I sit a lot of the time... call it lazy, or relaxed, or just because my numerous bone breaks/surgeries/sports abuse have made it much more comfortable.

hi jack "off"-

Bum, nice to hear a cheap fix to solve a "bum" ride :wacko: I crack myself up.

Yes, Bum's bum is no longer bummed! :wacko:

Standing in some situations is good. When you are a large individual like myself, sometimes it is not good to raise an already high center of gravity even higher.

Just trying to give people cheap options to modify thier bikes for the better!

Great Idea Bum! I just got back from a quick ride up to Julian and back, my Arse is feeling it....and I'm running the Motard wheels with the suspension settings on full hard and it still got to me.

Damn those twisties are a blast! Thanks for sharing.

I Think I'll try something like that myself. :wacko:

Gunz