Chris in Wildomar

Buying new truck....looking for opinions on these two......

So I am ready to pull the trigger on a new truck (well used but new to me). I have narrowed my search down to two possibilities.

1) 2011 F250 Lariat Gas 6.2L

2) 2012 F250 Lariat 6.7 Power Stroke Turbo

all other items being equal...I.e. exterior, tire, interior options, odometer mileage, Transmission. Price is within 4grand difference so not really a concern at this point. I have never owned a diesel before but the torque is amazing and difficult to ignore. Especially if we end up going 5th toy box route later. Looking for some thoughts good and bad on both? Anyone have actual experience with these trucks?

I have looked at going for a new 2014 but even with all the rebates I could find its still will over 55k. I just cant justify that for a truck that won't be a daily driver.

I have a 2013 diesel F350. It has been flawless. I think the 2012 has the same motor. The diesel option is $10K new. I would suggest if the price is that close I would go with the diesel. Resale, mpg and more torque too.

DD

the ONLY good diesel Ford motor is the 7.3L

I do have an older diesel F250 4wd diesel p/u for sale. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/4457121297.html

I'm interested in this topic and was curious if you can elaborate on the 6.7 vs the 7.3? We currently tow with a GMC / Duramax. Been a great truck, but I'm considering a newer Ford as well.

To the OP, diesel hands down if you plan to tow. No question! Especially for a small difference in price.

keep the Duramax...especially if it is 2004.5 or newer

I use Chevy 2500 HD Duramax for my work trucks. Never any problem.15 mpg with large glass racks and a heavy load.

I have an 02 & 05 with over 500,ooo miles that still have factory brakes and have never been in the shop except for fluids and tires.

Just bought a 2013. 22 mpg so far (no glass rack yet).

My fords and dodges both went through brakes every year and a transmission every other year.(we put 50 - 75k a year on them)

Nice! I think you will be very happy. You can get the bluets additive at Walmart. Supposedly the same stuff as Ford but 25% the price.