SCHWINN

BUYING DIGITAL CAMERA

I am buying a new digital camera today, nothing to pricey but must be durable for our dual sport rides, who has best prices and what brand and style.

I am buying a new digital camera today, nothing to pricey but must be durable for our dual sport rides, who has best prices and what brand and style.

Depends on the mission. Depends on the shooter. Are you looking for snapshots, or do you want to take manual control of the camera?

Check here for reviews.

I had an Oly 3.2 that I was happy with... it fit in the tank bag and was reliable. I'm currently shooting with a Nikon D40X that is giving me both the flexibility of an SLR and great results... but, it is too large to carry on the bike. I'm now looking for a camera under $200.00 that fits in my pocket and gets better than a resolution of 7.2 megapixels. The 7.2 is mandated because I asked Rider Magazine what their minimum requirements were for publication, and they told me 7.2 or greater. The $200.00 or less is in case I bounce the thing off a rock.

If I could find it, I'd want the camera to have the largest zoom available, preferably a 10X or larger. At the price range I'm looking in, the best I've been able to find is a 4X.

As for best price, once you've figured out what you want, I guess the best source would be to check the Sunday newspaper advertisements. Costco also had some online specials that may work for you.

Buy the best you can afford. The initial image quality is as good as you will ever get out of the camera, and in the case of my original Olympus, even though 3.2 was good quality at the time, I'll never be able to use the pictures for much more than web publishing. The point being is that you can always degrade an image (which is what saving as a JPEG does) but you can never increase the quality or depth of the image beyond what was originally captured.

Good luck...

I bought my little HP at Wal Mart for under 200. Using regular AA batteries it lasts quite a while. So far it is still holding up and seems to take decent pics. :rolleyes: Ken

I bought a little Kodak Easyshare camera, 130 bucks, foolproof software, 6 megapixels and as bulletproof as a rock. I even dropped and ran over it with my trail bike once. Downside is I can't see a thing on the moniter in bright sunlight.

Also have a Nikon SLR, a D40, about 600 bucks, harder to use software, big camera, but great for action shots, also has wireless remote shutter trip that I bought seperately. Haven't been brave enough to drag it out for a trail beating at that price though.

Another thread her if you didnt already find what you wanted.....

Digital camera

Spyder

Thankyou everyone, im going to costco and getting the kodak or whatever I can talk myself into for around $300.00.

My friend Eric just bought the new Fuji camera, but returned it since the images were not nearly as good as my old Kodak 6490. So he bought the new version of the Kodak and brought it on our 8 day Baja adventure. SUPER improved - same great lens - 12X - weighs half as much - took GREAT pics!