I'll start the thread.

Great day out there, not as warm as I thought it would be, only probably mid to hi 70s by the time I left. There was a breeze that made it nice. Arrived about 8 and stayed until noon.

First day out in over a month and the shoulder blades and lower back are a bit sore.

Warm up around the staging area for 30min or so. The whoops section (south east end) has flattened out quite a bit. Things were on the dry side and despite some tire squirreliness and low tread on my rear tire, traction was pretty good on the single track.

Then an hour or so ride with XR650lnoob and Goofyfooter. Oh and with HandyAndy for about 300 yards. Whoopsie, next time Andy.

Then it was xr650lnoob and I for some sprint paced sinlge track and boulder time.

It was lizard and rabbit mania today, probably saw close to two dozen racing me on the trails. Also ran in to a snake, looked like a Gartner. I gingered by as to not squirt its guts on to the rocks.

Might have been a dozen bikes out there today and as it often plays out, never ran by any of them. Quite the mix of steeds from a few or more drz, klr, at least 6 Huskies, a Beta, gasgas 2 stoke and a trials, ktms, and the usual japanese motos.

Good times as always out there.

No footage, just rode.

and to GoofyFooter, per RiderPlanetUSA Lark is 30 square miles.

post-15129-0-76630000-1399311534.png

I left before you and it was 82...not that is was THAT hot, but I thought it was plenty hot for singletrack. The wide track was fine. Nice seeing you Luke; might be a while before I ride out there if it stays hot

Yes, it was warm where the going was slow, and the area was sheltered from the breeze.

IMG_0065.jpg

I left before you and it was 82...not that is was THAT hot, but I thought it was plenty hot for singletrack. The wide track was fine. Nice seeing you Luke; might be a while before I ride out there if it stays hot

I'm not a heat fan as well, but yesterday was really tolerable for me. Both on the trails and rock climbing. Maybe that breeze cooled my sweat thus keeping me running cooler.

Yeah, it's gonna be hit and miss for riding out there. I will definitely jump when the forecast predicts. See you next time Bob.

Heat was not bad for me, although I did drink a gallon of water and 1 32 oz coconut water. Had a great afternoon ride with Goofyfooter and mtnmanseth. A little sore, but as my wife says " it's good to be sore as long as it's not from crashing." Good times McCain is my favorite local trails!