Ben

Anderson truck trail any good?

I wanted to go for a Friday after work ride at Anderson truck trail. Not sure if I need plates and others are welcome to join. I'm off at 3

Couple of things to be aware of:

Yeah, you pretty much need a plate unless you park at the top, run downhill, then ride back up to your truck

There is a guy that lives near the bottom that has been known to call the sheriff; sheriff is hit or miss on whether he shows up, cares, etc

Down near aforementioned homeowner, he has constructed a fence closing off the trail; the detour is steep but ridable

But then you are so close to the end, you just turn around and come back down it

No "great" places to park up top

There is some great bicycle stuff at the top (referred to as World Cup back in the day) but probably not a good plan for a solo rider

I gave up on moto-riding this, but others have had fun...its short, and lots of mountain bikers ride it after work

Bob speaks the truth.

Please search this site for "Anderson Truck Trail" or "Wall of Bofus" for a ride report...

Ok I won't head out there then. Any other places like ramona that don't need plates?

Pine Valley is the closest I can think of... Park in the cul de sac, (need adventure pass) and head south on the fire road. The only "legit" trail is the main trail, although there are some small access trails here and there and some unapproved singletrack if you know where to look.

If you just want to get a dirt fix in, without a plate, that's what I suggest. I've done that on my VTR1000 up to the helicopter pad, and my V Strom all the way to Corral.