Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

looking for weekday partners

Hey 2 wheel thanks for your tips but you go riding your bike or you put the bike on your truck ???

i don't have a truck , but i looking for so meaby before friday i will have it , if not i think i can't ...

anyway i will let you know something before

thanks anyway

Stefano

I'm riding. Not sure whether I'll take the 200 or the DRZ.

Hey 2 wheel thanks for your tips but you go riding your bike or you put the bike on your truck ???

i don't have a truck , but i looking for so meaby before friday i will have it , if not i think i can't ...

anyway i will let you know something before

thanks anyway

Stefano

I'm riding. Not sure whether I'll take the 200 or the DRZ.

cool so meaby i can ride with you if you like ? i can come over to your house and from there we go together ?

around what time you was thinking to leave your home?

let me know

Stefano

I've got a hall pass from work it looks like, will know 100% on Thursday. Can I ride my bike to the slut hut and reseverve a spot in the slut mobile? I'll shoot you some gas funds.

yep... I'm using the gas anyway, so no retribution required...

see ya 630-645ish

cool so meaby i can ride with you if you like ? i can come over to your house and from there we go together ?

let me know

Stefano

You can come to Eastlake first if you want, but it'd really be much shorter and faster for you to go straight east on I-8 to Japatul Rd/Hwy 79 and meet me there. I-8 and Hwy 79 is right on your way to Jacumba from Pacific Beach. Eastlake is going to take you on a 40 mile detour.

Here are copy and paste MapQuest directions from Pacific Beach to Hwy 79 & I 8.

1: Start out going EAST on GRAND AVE toward JEWELL ST. 1.4 miles Map

2: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto MISSION BAY DR. 0.3 miles

3: Merge onto I-5 S. 2.3 miles

4: Merge onto I-8 E via EXIT 20 toward EL CENTRO. 37.9 miles

5: Take the CA-79 / JAPATUL RD exit- EXIT 40- toward JULIAN. 0.2 miles

6: Turn LEFT onto CA-79 / JAPATUL VALLEY RD. <0.1 miles

7: End at Japatul Valley Rd & I 8, Alpine, CA 91901, US

Total Est. Time: 43 minutes Total Est. Distance: 42.50 miles

I'm going to leave my house at 5:30 and I'll be going by Hwy 79 & I-8 on my way to Jacumba.

From my house to Hwy 79 & I-8 MapQuest gives:

Total Est. Time: 42 minutes Total Est. Distance: 31.49 miles

You'd have to leave Pacific beach at 5:00 AM to get to Eastlake by 5:30. I've PM'd you my address and Cell # in case you want to go to Eastlake first. Let me know what you decide.

From Hwy 79 & I-8 to the Valero in Jacumba the route is:

1: Start out going SOUTHWEST on CA-79 / JAPATUL VALLEY RD. <0.1 miles

2: Merge onto I-8 E via the ramp on the LEFT. 33.6 miles

3: Take the exit toward JACUMBA. 0.1 miles

4: Turn RIGHT onto CARRIZO GORGE RD. <0.1 miles

5: Turn RIGHT to stay on CARRIZO GORGE RD (Portions unpaved). 1.4 miles

6: End at Carrizo Gorge Rd & I 8, Jacumba, CA 91934, US

Total Est. Time: 35 minutes Total Est. Distance: 35.29 miles

let me know

Stefano

You can come to Eastlake first if you want, but it'd really be much shorter and faster for you to go straight east on I-8 to Japatul Rd/Hwy 79 and meet me there. I-8 and Hwy 79 is right on your way to Jacumba from Pacific Beach. Eastlake is going to take you on a 40 mile detour.

Here are copy and paste MapQuest directions from Pacific Beach to Hwy 79 & I 8.

1: Start out going EAST on GRAND AVE toward JEWELL ST. 1.4 miles Map

2: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto MISSION BAY DR. 0.3 miles

3: Merge onto I-5 S. 2.3 miles

4: Merge onto I-8 E via EXIT 20 toward EL CENTRO. 37.9 miles

5: Take the CA-79 / JAPATUL RD exit- EXIT 40- toward JULIAN. 0.2 miles

6: Turn LEFT onto CA-79 / JAPATUL VALLEY RD. <0.1 miles

7: End at Japatul Valley Rd & I 8, Alpine, CA 91901, US

Total Est. Time: 43 minutes Total Est. Distance: 42.50 miles

I'm going to leave my house at 5:30 and I'll be going by Hwy 79 & I-8 on my way to Jacumba.

From my house to Hwy 79 & I-8 MapQuest gives:

Total Est. Time: 42 minutes Total Est. Distance: 31.49 miles

You'd have to leave Pacific beach at 5:00 AM to get to Eastlake by 5:30. I've PM'd you my address and Cell # in case you want to go to Eastlake first. Let me know what you decide.

From Hwy 79 & I-8 to the Valero in Jacumba the route is:

1: Start out going SOUTHWEST on CA-79 / JAPATUL VALLEY RD. <0.1 miles

2: Merge onto I-8 E via the ramp on the LEFT. 33.6 miles

3: Take the exit toward JACUMBA. 0.1 miles

4: Turn RIGHT onto CARRIZO GORGE RD. <0.1 miles

5: Turn RIGHT to stay on CARRIZO GORGE RD (Portions unpaved). 1.4 miles

6: End at Carrizo Gorge Rd & I 8, Jacumba, CA 91934, US

Total Est. Time: 35 minutes Total Est. Distance: 35.29 miles

hey Gen thank you so much for your directions :

so here the situation:

tomorrow probably i'm going to buy the truck of my friends is a old chevy and he sell for really cheap and runs good.

so if i will have my truck for friday i will drive until there with my truck and in that case i need from you exaclty the address we gonna meet so i can google it .

if i will not have any truck i will probably ride my bike directly from P.B. to 8 east / 79 like you said and we can meet there.... ( Kind of early :D ).....

anyway i will let you know something for sure tomorrow evening so we schedule everything.

thanks again so much for your disponibility and we gonna see for sure Friday ! :)

Hey you guys, this ride sounds like fun! I don't think I can take the day off this Friday, but will try. It will be good riding with 2wheels and stefano again... If I can make it I'll call stefano and Gene...

... i need from you exaclty the address we gonna meet so i can google it .

The Valero Gas Station is at

1494 CARRIZO GORGE RD

JACUMBA, CA 91934

---------------------------------------------

Hey Martin - I see you woke up. Well, hope you can make it.

GREAT GEN !!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SEE YOU THERE FRIDAY MORNING AT ..... WHAT TIME ???........

STEFANO

Hi Guys! I'm starting to feel really ill *cough-cough* and looking forward to getting into the fresh dry air of Jacumba to try to clear-up this nasty *cough-cough* Friday Flu of mine. It also looks like a fine group of experienced riders are forming-up for this one :)

My buddy PalmAveRider (you'll recognize him as the "Guy" in my fire fighting post) is planning to join us as well - Challenge: PAR get off work at sunrise and needs to commute from Downtown to Otay and back to Lemon Grove, then he and I will head East together which puts us in Jacumba around 08:30ish :(

I know what your saying: "Why is this knucklehead burdening us with his personal problems? :) "

Well, I'm soliciting the group to PM me some cell phone numbers so that PAR and I can try to play catch-up along the trail. :) Armed with that and my experience as a Boy Scout (that's right - all the way to Second Class!), I think our chances of finding y'all are better than most :)

I've already got a couple, but hit me with yours and I'll send ya back mine.

Thanks!

Hi Guys! I'm starting to feel really ill *cough-cough* and looking forward to getting into the fresh dry air of Jacumba to try to clear-up this nasty *cough-cough* Friday Flu of mine. It also looks like a fine group of experienced riders are forming-up for this one :)

My buddy PalmAveRider (you'll recognize him as the "Guy" in my fire fighting post) is planning to join us as well - Challenge: PAR get off work at sunrise and needs to commute from Downtown to Otay and back to Lemon Grove, then he and I will head East together which puts us in Jacumba around 08:30ish :(

I know what your saying: "Why is this knucklehead burdening us with his personal problems? :) "

Well, I'm soliciting the group to PM me some cell phone numbers so that PAR and I can try to play catch-up along the trail. :) Armed with that and my experience as a Boy Scout (that's right - all the way to Second Class!), I think our chances of finding y'all are better than most :)

I've already got a couple, but hit me with yours and I'll send ya back mine.

Thanks!

You might have problems with reception in that area. I know mine never works out there.

My buddy PalmAveRider (you'll recognize him as the "Guy" in my fire fighting post) is planning to join us as well - Challenge: PAR get off work at sunrise and needs to commute from Downtown to Otay and back to Lemon Grove, then he and I will head East together which puts us in Jacumba around 08:30ish :)

How about we just postpone the meet time until 8:30? That works better for me - allows me to sleep a little more on my day off. Whaddya say bikeslut?

How about we just postpone the meet time until 8:30? That works better for me - allows me to sleep a little more on my day off. Whaddya say bikeslut?

hey Gen i got the truck today so i will go over there with that you know at what time we gonna meet there ????

let me know

Thanks

Stefano

hey Gen i got the truck today so i will go over there with that you know at what time we gonna meet there ????

let me know

Thanks

Stefano

It's still 7:30 unless bikeslut agrees to change it.

DON'T CHANGE THE TIME ON OUR ACCOUNT!!! The last thing I want to do is HIJACK A RIDE :blink:

It looks like spraugh is probably one of the most experienced in the area out of this group, so I imagine he will be voted "leader". If anyone can give me a rough idea of route, it will increase our chances of finding you (i.e. starting South of I-8 and exploring the mines & KLR canyon, then under the freeway to the North side on the route to Mountain Springs, etc...)

I'll also have the Garmin Rinos and we'll monitor 22.5 on the radio.

If we can't find you, rest assured thet we will roost in your honor ;)

DON'T CHANGE THE TIME ON OUR ACCOUNT!!! The last thing I want to do is HIJACK A RIDE :blink:

It looks like spraugh is probably one of the most experienced in the area out of this group, so I imagine he will be voted "leader". If anyone can give me a rough idea of route, it will increase our chances of finding you (i.e. starting South of I-8 and exploring the mines & KLR canyon, then under the freeway to the North side on the route to Mountain Springs, etc...)

I'll also have the Garmin Rinos and we'll monitor 22.5 on the radio.

If we can't find you, rest assured thet we will roost in your honor ;)

why don't you guys park at the BLM sign (near the bird man) and we can come back get you at 8:45?

also, if anyone has lower gears at home, they might want to use them. I'm gonna use a 13 instead of normal 14.

Hey guys unfurtunatly something come up and i cannot come tomorrow for a ride .... :blink:

sorry and have fun guys

Stefano