grantzilla

What GPS to buy?

Looking for info on an affordable GPS. Want one I can attach to my handlebars and if need be take off and use in my car.

Do 50/50 street/dirt so want one that has street maps and can use for dual sport rides. Any chance there is one out there for around $100 that fits the bill?

I don't know of any that inexpensive that will work for you. I got the Garmin 60CSX which was about 4X as much as you are looking for. That is before another couple of hundred plus for mount, software, hardwire kit, screen protector. Now I just have to learn how to use it. :D Ken

Looking for info on an affordable GPS. Want one I can attach to my handlebars and if need be take off and use in my car.

Do 50/50 street/dirt so want one that has street maps and can use for dual sport rides. Any chance there is one out there for around $100 that fits the bill?

I think your buget is unrealistic for what you're looking for.......plan on doubling it (minimum)........

1st things first - make sure you buy a GARMIN......it's the dualsport std

In terms of which Garmin, you may be able to pick up an older Garmin V on EBAY for ~$100 but I'd recommend dropping ~$75 more for a 60C on Ebay (color and more memory) .........the cadillac is the 60CSx but those are running around ~$300 now

You're also still looking at another $40 for a RAM Handlebar mount.....and if you want some sort of suction cup mount for your truck/car that's another ~$40..........if you want "street" software other than the built in basemap that's another ~$75......misc. off road maps can be loaded into any of the Garmin's by friends in the know.....

You can educate yourself on misc. GPS "stuff" at CycoActive