Vintage Veloce

San Diego Supercross Questions

This will be my first time to a Supercross at qualcomm.

- Is there a vendor area, rider signature stands etc or a way to walk through the "pits"? Is it worth going to?

- We got tickets on the club level, which during football offers some benefits like some lounges and supposedly nicer restrooms. Will that stuff be open for the Supercross or did I waste my extra $?

Carl

I've never been to Supercross either. My wife, daughter and I (along with a bunch of my daughter's team mates and their parents) have been working as non-profit volunteers fundraising for my daughter's high school cheer team by operating a concession stand at the stadium for Charger home games, a few college games, and the monster truck event. Supercross will be our final event for this fundraiser. Much to my surprise at the monster truck event, many of the usual stands and amenities were in fact closed that had previously been open for all of the football games (Margaritaville stand, the bulk of the food trucks, several of the hot dog/beer/soda counters, etc). From that recent experience, I am expecting that Supercross may have similarly downsized concessions as well. That said, I would hope club level would still have some of there upscale facilities open.

Our concession stand faces the outside of the stadium at ground level near the score board. Fortunately we can pop open the back door which opens into the stadium and get an occasional glimpse of what is going on. So I'm hoping to get to enjoy at least a little bit of the Supercross event as a first timer. The pits for monster trucks were also near our stand, but just outside of the stadium wall in the parking lot near the trolly station. I know they were open for fans with the proper pass to walk through, and I heard good comments from customers who had visited the pits. I can only guess as to whether the experience will be equally good for Supercross pit visits.

Hopefully someone who attended in the past can provide more detail.

Have fun!

This will be my first time to a Supercross at qualcomm.

- Is there a vendor area, rider signature stands etc or a way to walk through the "pits"? Is it worth going to?

- We got tickets on the club level, which during football offers some benefits like some lounges and supposedly nicer restrooms. Will that stuff be open for the Supercross or did I waste my extra $?

Carl

The pits is a big huge party and it's the only place to see anything but practices and the race. Being your first time I say you have to check out the pits. You have to buy pit passes or I think you can bring an empty monster drink can to trade for a pit pass. It's a fun time lots going on. Riders sign autographs at set times and the lines are long but it is possible to get them if you don't mind waiting. Have fun!

I