KE6UPI

2way HT and XM radio mounting

Radio mount  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Good or Bad

• Good
    • Bad

Would like some ideas.

Here is what I have now. Easy and cheap mounting.

I'll pickup the Sena SR10 for the HT and the XM.

I would like to hear your ideas.

Thanks, David

radio2.jpg

I don't know if I would use the SR10 for the XM radio. As far as I know it doesn't use an AD2P profile only a Hand Free profile which means you would be getting mono sound from the SR10 instead of Stereo.

I was going to run all my audio stuff though my new to me SR10 until I found that out. Right now I think I'm going to run my Radar Detector and HT through my SR10 and keep my phone linked though the headset itself so I can still get stereo sound for music.

It will be interesting to hear the voice quality on the sena's mic. Lots of people use them- if they work well, it could be a cool cordless solution.

How does the Sena PTT? Or does the ht?

It will be interesting to hear the voice quality on the sena's mic. Lots of people use them- if they work well, it could be a cool cordless solution.

How does the Sena PTT? Or does the ht?

When I'm chatting with folks on my phone via my SMH-10 most people are suprised when they find out I'm cruising down the interstate at 80 haha. Whatever they use for the mic works really well.

The SR10 has two options for PTT. One is a HUGE center button on the unit itself that does multiple functions. The other is a corded remote PTT switch that's pretty compact.

I need to order the Motorola adapter cord to connect my HT to the SR10 but I'm excited to see how well that works. I'll get to test it out in Big Bend when I meet up with my buddies they will be running a HT from a truck.