Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

A Little Tire thread

I have been using FIM enduro Pirelli Scorpion Pros (sometimes FIM Michelins as well)meats for years the big fat balloon 140/80-18s on my "E2" large machines (250 2T and 450 4T), been using the standard 120/90-18 on my "E2" small machines TE and TXC310s. I really like FIM tires for rock and sharp stuff and they do "float" on top of soft stuff without digging trenches, also the front 90/90-21 turn real easy and have good reliable traction on all surfaces. Buuut lately Ive realized that our 90% ride area has alot of sandy decomposed granite and even loose dark dez soil so the balance lies more towards the loose sandy deep loose stuff, and mostly dry out here, so I threw on a set of of my old faves for years S12 Michelins mousse up front, HD tube in the back at 10-12psi (my in stock mousses are for 120-90 and Michelin calls out a different mousse for 130-80-18 middle size of the 3 S12 choices which is what I put on the TXC310R, anyway there ya go, change can be good.....on Monday we ride, test time is always best in familiar territory on familair sections.

always remember this stuff is all for fun!!!Ending the year with change starting the 14 year with new stuff.

with these tires my only concern are the rock stuff trails and scary steep stuff, that's where the real test will be and that's where the FIM meats stuck like glue.

I have been using FIM enduro Pirelli Scorpion Pros (sometimes FIM Michelins as well)meats for years the big fat balloon 140/80-18s on my "E2" large machines (250 2T and 450 4T), been using the standard 120/90-18 on my "E2" small machines TE and TXC310s. I really like FIM tires for rock and sharp stuff and they do "float" on top of soft stuff without digging trenches, also the front 90/90-21 turn real easy and have good reliable traction on all surfaces. Buuut lately Ive realized that our 90% ride area has alot of sandy decomposed granite and even loose dark dez soil so the balance lies more towards the loose sandy deep loose stuff, and mostly dry out here, so I threw on a set of of my old faves for years S12 Michelins mousse up front, HD tube in the back at 10-12psi (my in stock mousses are for 120-90 and Michelin calls out a different mousse for 130-80-18 middle size of the 3 S12 choices which is what I put on the TXC310R, anyway there ya go, change can be good.....on Monday we ride, test time is always best in familiar territory on familair sections.

always remember this stuff is all for fun!!!Ending the year with change starting the 14 year with new stuff.

with these tires my only concern are the rock stuff trails and scary steep stuff, that's where the real test will be and that's where the FIM meats stuck like glue.

Im sure you will rip it either way bro!