paulmbowers

Noobish ride Sunday, December 22nd 2013

After today, I feel more comfortable on the dirt, saw an area of SD that I have never seen before, got a great mental break from my insane work schedule and met some great people who volunteered their own time to set it up. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

Thanks again for putting this ride on guys. I honestly really appreciate it.

It was our privilege, and thanks for the kind words. You certainly earned our admiration via radio- (yes, we were talking about you) and the brass you showed, especially on the plank crossing.

Well done!

After today, I feel more comfortable on the dirt, saw an area of SD that I have never seen before, got a great mental break from my insane work schedule and met some great people who volunteered their own time to set it up. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

Thanks again for putting this ride on guys. I honestly really appreciate it.

It was our privilege, and thanks for the kind words. You certainly earned our admiration via radio- (yes, we were talking about you) and the brass you showed, especially on the plank crossing.

Well done!

Thanks again for all of your help (& bikeslut's) and setting this morning up, I had a great time and am looking forward to another ride in the future-after investing in some more training, of course!

Ted

P.S.-the plank crossing was pretty cool!

especially on the plank crossing.

Well done!

where was the plank crossing?

especially on the plank crossing.

Well done!

where was the plank crossing?

On the way back...just west of Alta road if I remember correctly...12" wide "ramp" over a shallow ditch. Some of us hesitated, but all rode over it. Not that hard, but dangerous of you failed

Paul, have you ever considered public office?

As I forgot what day it was and didn't make it, I will refrain from further comment.

Well, okay, just let me say THIS: Putting a ride together that is going to include unknown riders is a labor of love. Leaders try to make sure everyone one is going to enjoy themselves and that no one is going to get hurt. My first D/S ride with this group - another Noob ride - saw me properly humbled. Trail riding isn't street riding. It takes practice. It takes being willing to look stupid. Sometimes it takes falling down. Whatever it takes, it's worth it.

Bummed I didn't make this one. Sounds like a blast was had by - almost - all.

Well done!

Thanks to PMB and BS for a great ride! Was good fun.

Great bunch of guys.

Thanks for the h2o, CVRick. Love the wheelies.

Look forward to riding with you all again.

Kris - guy on the little Husky

On the way back...just west of Alta road if I remember correctly...12" wide "ramp" over a shallow ditch. Some of us hesitated, but all rode over it. Not that hard, but dangerous of you failed

I think I've been down that way, if this shallow ditch Google St View looks familiar.

altard_zpsfcb894b3.jpg

That's where it starts...the ditch crossing is down at the bottom there

plank_zpsd63fd97c.jpg