Sign in to follow this  
gpskevin

Utah ROULETTE Ride with free GPS

Ok All:

Here it is some of the best undiscovered Single Track riding in the lower 48. I just returned from the 4th annual ROULETTE. This was a week’s vacation in Utah riding dual sport dirt bikes around the state, yes on singletrack trails. But the best part for you all is that I just give away all the maps, the GPS files and lodging plans. So the bad news is that you missed the ride, but the good news is that you and your buddies can just go and do the ride yourselves with the information that I give away.

KtmSidHill.jpg

Let me tell you a little about the ROULETTE ride. First, this was the 4th annual ride. Each year I spend the winter researching new places to ride. The rules of the Roulette are that we can never repeat a great ride or any ride for that matter. We must discover all new routes each year. This year’s focus was on single track trails in the mountains. Most of the trails are “Mountain Bike” Trails that are also open to motorcycles. But because they are classified as “Mountain Bike” Trails most motorcycle riders never discover them. And there are no Whoops! The trail conditions are great… but don’t tell anyone.

Sign.jpg

The ride concentrated in the Uinta National Forest Mountains near HeberCity and Strawberry Reservoir, then transitioned to the Manti-LaSal and FishlakeNational Forest with the Arapeen ATV system. Some of the ride also made it out onto the San Rafael Swell. Most of this area is so remote and undiscovered that we did not see another motorcycle rider all week.

P9110068.jpg

So having just returned I must say it was one of the best rides of my life. In keeping with the rules of the Roulette (never repeat a great ride) I am giving away all the details of the ride including: GPS, maps, pictures and lodging info. After all I will be doing a new one next year which must be all new routes again. So that others may enjoy this ride without all the planning work I have made a web page with all the stories and information. Be sure to play the Slideshows for each days ride and you will find the ride maps at the end of the slideshows. The GPS file is at the end of the web page.

http://gpskevin.googlepages.com/roulette2007

So enjoy the ride!

gpsKevin

So enjoy the ride!

gpsKevin

Very cool and appreciated! - Thanks Kevin! :cray:

(Please see my post in Members Only section relative to GPS)

Yow! Let's plan a club ride for there. Looks like a dream come true and didn't look like it was very dusty.

Yow! Let's plan a club ride for there. Looks like a dream come true and didn't look like it was very dusty.

This is one area I wouldn't mind doing a multi day tour of...

Good writeup and good info!!! It looks like you guys rode some of the same trails I rode with my son back in July. I agree - Awesome singletrack.

Check out my writeup:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1405

This is one area I wouldn't mind doing a multi day tour of...

I'm up for it!!!! Riding season is relatively short up there. I tried to ride some trails when I was up there in early May. We hit snow at about 7,000 feet that was unpassable. By the 4th of July, it was clear (but dry, powdery and slick).