Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

GPS Tracks West

Resources like this EASILY justify the expense of picking up a GPS/software (Garmin) for your dual sporting, or just general off/on road riding, adventures:

GPS Tracks West

I was doing some searching trying to find out if the gate in Painted George (Coyote canyon) was open and just happened to find those tracks this morning. Small world. BTW it does not open until Oct. 1st.

Thanks for posting them. :) Ken

I was doing some searching trying to find out if the gate in Painted George (Coyote canyon) was open and just happened to find those tracks this morning. Small world. BTW it does not open until Oct. 1st.

Thanks for posting them. :) Ken

Did you notice that Day 2 of the 3rd Annual Desert Dash was posted by "Roxus of Ramona" in March of 2006?:

GPS Track for Day 2 of 3rd annual Desert Dash

Is Roxus a SDAR member? :)

Regardless, we now have several GPS savy folks in the club who can scout/pre-ride/lay-down tracks for upcoming SDAR rides........or we can just pick and choose from the extensive catalog of available tracks in our private collections or out on the web......very cool (in a geeky GPS sorta way :) )

Is Roxus a SDAR member? :)

I think he is from San Diego BMW. I have heard the name around.

I haven't used my GPS for so long I am going to have to learn how all over again. (The last statement is misleading in that it implies that I at one time knew how to use it. My GPSmap 60CSx can do like a thousand things and so far I have mastered "making a track" The skills needed for that amounts to being able to turn it on) :):) Ken

Resources like this EASILY justify the expense of picking up a GPS/software (Garmin) for your dual sporting, or just general off/on road riding, adventures:

GPS Tracks West

Just realized that I've never seen any mention of GPSXchange in this forum? :lol: .....another great resource for tracks in the states and abroad......I know SanDiegoland is a member too......I'd encourage any other GPS users to join GPSXchange.......you may be able to find the tracks you're looking for in CA., Mex, etc. between the ADVRider site and GPSXchange.....better yet, you can post some of your favorite tracks for others to use :)