Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

GPS Tracks - Best of Ocotillo Wells

Temps are cooling down.....

GPS Tracks - Best of Ocotillo Wells

Seems some of the routes are NOT Open to all, Please check before riding there.

True...still fun to explore the tracks.....but sometimes you wind up having to back track when you hit a closed area.....some newly closed areas south of 78 by Spook Canyon.....ran into private property postings/fence this past weekend in an area that was open last year?!?!......bummer....

Off topic, but speaking of closed areas . . . :cray:

I rode the Husky Sunday over many of the same trails we hit last Tuesday. I must say, I'd forgotten that they are a fair bit harder on a dual sport bike that than on the Gas Gas :cray:

I stalled and tipped over while riding up that clump of rocks up near the fire ring on the landing strip and bent in my foot peg and a bar end - not to mention getting a good whack on the butt as I fell.

I forgot I can't go that slow on it. I'm going to have to spend more time on the Husky just to keep things in perspective :cray:

Still off topic....

I stalled and tipped over while riding up that clump of rocks up near the fire ring on the landing strip and bent in my foot peg and a bar end - not to mention getting a good whack on the butt as I fell.

Just make sure you keep those feet and legs out of the way... Or you'll be wearing one of these:

castweek1qo3.jpg

:cray: :D:D :cray:

That place is bad luck... First Hammer's head, then my foot, now your butt!!! :cray:

Just to Clarify.......

(1) CarGuy is right, Stagecoach 1 Track is in CLOSED area - ignore/delete it

(2) Neither Doug or Daryl got hurt out in Rock-o-tillo Wells......those injuries happened elsewhere.....

Still off topic....

Just make sure you keep those feet and legs out of the way... Or you'll be wearing one of these:

castweek1qo3.jpg

:cray: :D:D :cray:

That place is bad luck... First Hammer's head, then my foot, now your butt!!! :cray:

Even more off topic; Doug, we need details. I didn't know you got hurt.

Just to Clarify.......

(2) Neither Doug or Daryl got hurt out in Rock-o-tillo Wells......those injuries happened elsewhere.....

True 'Dat! sorry for the confusion (although I've gotten my share of war-wounds at OW). :cray:

Even more off topic; Doug, we need details. I didn't know you got hurt.

Well, rather than type it all, pretty much the same thing Daryl had happen to him:

Except at a different spot (same riding area) and being a hero, I tried to save it. Well I couldn't save it and didn't get my leg out of the way in time. The bike fell on my calf and folded up my ankle, rupturing my Achilles tendon. I had surgery last Friday and now I'm waiting for it to heal up. At least the surgery was free to me, bike parts cost money don't you know!!!!! :cray:

Wow.. major hijack! What was this thread about anyways? Oh yeah.. O-Wells. Thanks for the link Crawdaddy!